Chapter XXII: Battle of Toad Town Part II

"The end!" smiled Helix.

"So... You have two people in your head and you just had a whacky sci-fi interplanetary adventure where you just fought against your stepfather in your boss fight?" asked Peach.

"Yep!" smiled Helix.

"May I speak with John?"

Helix's eyes roll and out came John. "What is it, Princess?"

"Huh... Alright. Piercing voice... So, as long as my father lives, the Mushroom Kingdom will be continuously occupied by the Koopas... Unless, of course, we have a change of leader..."

"You're suggesting we kill your father?"

"I'm suggesting I kill my father," said Peach.

"Whoa..." said Sonic. "H-H-Hold on... I don't condone murder."

"This isn't murder. This is a coup."

"That's even worse!"

"Well... I argue that my father? He's someone just as terrible as your world's evilest rulers," said Peach. "Besides, I'm asking you for me to kill him. Not you. All you have to do is save... my... Kingdom."

Sonic sighs and angrily stares at Peach. "Fine..." said Sonic. "My hands are clean from whatever you're gonna do."

"Uh... I would like to know what the plan is," said Lotus.

"The plan is to get the Toads to fight as our army."

"Helix, you people are our army."

"Then we find other soldiers..." smiled Helix.

"What do you mean 'other soldiers...?'"

The Goombas stare at the entire group as they prepare their spears.

"I'm sorry, you want us to do 'what?'"

"To act as our army!" smiled Helix.

"Against Bowser?" asked the Goomba Chief.

"Look... Lord-..."

"They call me the Goomboss."

"Lord Goomboss... Uh... Aren't you tired...?" asked Peach. "Aren't you tired of suffering from these Koopas capturing your people and taking advantage of you? Aren't you tired of how my father and my ancestors had taken advantage of you!? Well, I, Princess Peach, will promise to share our land with you if you help us fight my father and Emperor Bowser! SO...!!! WHO'S WITH ME!?!?"

They stay silent.

"For years..." said Goomboss. "...your people had stolen our resources. You have spent years causing us to live in constant Hell. What makes you any different?"

"The fact that I actually know what it's like to live in constant suffering, desperation, and fear!"

"You!?" yelled one. "You live in a castle!"

"Yeah!" yelled another. "You're practically a god to these people!"

"Yeah!" yelled yet another. "You're just like the rest of them!"

The Goombas start yelling at Peach but Goomboss raises his spear and they silence themselves.

"Trust me... I know what that feels like... to be in constant isolation and hiding..." said Peach, tearing up. "Because that's what it's like when I was living with my father... A man who never loved me... who... hated me because he claims that I caused my mother's death. And I want you to do to his government what I'll do to him. Kill it. Make it fall before your knees and avenge what they had stolen from you. Now... are you with me...?"