Two

"Oh, darling, I'm so sorry." Katrina, Bliss's mother, whispered as she hugged her tightly.

It was the morning after, and Bliss's worst nightmare turned out to be reality.

Now, she was with her mother, trying to face reality.

Though all her hopes and dreams were burned with the studio, her faith remained intact.

God hadn't forsaken her.

He was only the greatest Comforter she could ask for.

She had half a mind to blame Him as she sat on the cold sidewalk last night but couldn't. He'd seen her through everything and hadn't left her side.

"What the enemy meant for evil, God can turn it around," She murmured as tears filled her eyes. "I-i never expected this to h-happen,"

Katrina nodded and pulled her to the couch.

"I know, baby. Did they figure out how it started?"

Bliss shook her head and sighed.

She didn't want to think about it anymore, but it was a prevalent matter.

She couldn't ignore the fact that her dance studio was destroyed, and her students would have to find somewhere else to dance for Jesus.

"I-i don't know, ma. There was a very kind fireman who said he'd have someone investigate today, but I don't know. I-i just don't know," She melted and lay on her mother's lap. "My head and heart hurts,"

Katrina ran her fingers through her coils and hummed. "I can't say that I know how you feel, but we can go see the damage. I'd like to start filing the insurance claim,"

Bliss was grateful for her mother's sound mind.

She wanted to bury herself in bed and stay there until next winter.

However, she had to get the ball running if she wanted to see her students again.

"Okay, I'll be in the car." Bliss grabbed her blanket and put her phone in her purse.

She couldn't think too clearly.

Usually, she could do the thinking for her mother and herself, but today things were different.

Katrina followed shortly after with a granola bar for Bliss.

The ride to the studio was short and filled with Bliss crunching on her granola bar.

"Oh, Lord, have mercy." Katrina gasped lowly and shook her head.

Bliss's heart dropped at the sight in the sunlight.

Dread filled her body, and she felt bile crawling up her throat.

It was all gone.

The vision mocked her.

Katrina left the car, and Bliss pinched her nose to try and calm herself.

"God, please help me. I don't know what to do. I need something, anything to show me that You see me. My mind is scattered, and I just need Your order, something, I can't even say what I mean. I just want relief and I want this to be easy, please God. Hear my cry," She pleaded as tears built up in her eyes.

Her stomach turned at the thought of having to deal with her ruined studio on her own.

She was thankful for her mother's assistance.

Katrina opened the driver's door, making her jump. "Bliss, there's a kind man here that says he helped you last night,"

Katrina's smile scared Bliss.