Chapter 16- It's Not What You Think

Luca's POV

I don't understand why I am falling so hard for Natalie, but I am. She's all I think about. I know we keep sneaking around and I don't want it to be that way. I wish my life wasn't so fucking complicated.

But I can't think about that now. I have to focus on my first love. Basketball. It's the first game of the season and it's a home game so we should have a good turnout. I hope Natalie is there.

Ok I have to seriously quit letting her get to my head. If I don't have my head in the game, it's not going to be good. I get myself ready so I can head to the game.

Once I arrive at the gym and am warming up, I look around to see the crowd. Almost instantly I lock eyes with Natalie and it makes me smile. She just looks back at me in her intense way. Then my eyes meet Brittany's over with the cheerleaders and she glares back at me. Maybe she knows something is up? Or maybe she is just being her bitchy self? Who knows but I don't care.

I go on to play one of the best games of my life. I scored 30 points, had 10 assists, and 15 rebounds. Call me crazy but I can't help but feel like maybe it was because of Natalie. She's good luck. After the game is over, Brittany comes over to talk to me.

"Are you going out with the guys?" She asks knowing our normal routine during the season after games.

"Maybe for a little bit. Why?" I ask.

"Just wanted to know. You have been very mysterious lately. Are you fucking someone else?" She asks bluntly.

I choke on the water I was drinking at her question.

"What?! No!" I lie.

"Ok. Just checking. I think I will go out with you guys tonight." She invites herself.

"Why? You never have before?" I ask curiously.

"Well I just feel like we haven't spent much time together lately." She says as she takes her finger and rubs it down my chest. The feeling makes me want to vomit. I am not attracted to Brittany at all anymore. But I can't tell her she can't come or she will know something is up.

"Alright meet me at my car in 15 mins." I tell her.

She leans in and kisses me and I feel nauseous. How will I ever marry her and be happy?

I then notice that Natalie has witnessed our exchange and she looks pissed. I will have to talk to her later.

After eating with the guys, I make an excuse to leave early so I can drop Brittany off and go see Natalie. We get in the car and I am instantly attacked by Brittany.

She straddles my lap and removes her shirt and devours my lips. I instantly tense up and hardly kiss her back.

"Ok....now I know you are fucking around on me! You won't even kiss me back. Your dick isn't even hard!" She yells while feeling my crotch.

"Well we haven't hardly spoken in days, you pretty much ignore me, so yeah I don't feel that attracted to you anymore to be honest." I tell her.

"Ok fine....what if I do this??" She trails off as she begins to slowly kiss and suck on my neck. Again I feel repulsed and don't react.

"What the fuck?! Are you gay now? You must be. I am practically throwing myself at you." She says angrily.

"I am not gay. Just not interested anymore." I tell her.

"I will tell the entire school you are gay and that you dumped me for another guy if you don't fuck me right now. And I will tell my father you dumped me." She threatens.