Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

【50】Deal?

Words failed me as I stared at Ulrik's profile, struggling to comprehend what was happening. Was he really here? Could it even be possible? Confused, I did some quick math in my head. I'd been on the phone less than twelve hours ago, and between the drives to the airports and back, as well as the long flight, it made no sense that he'd be here so soon. Unless he'd left his meeting within an hour of our call, if not earlier than that.

But the finer details of his dashing face were too precise for my brain to have conjured him. He was right there, as if I wasn't half naked. As if I'd not been an instant away from being even nakeder right in front of him. Anger rose inside of me at his audacity.

"Do you mind!?" I protested with a vehement tone and a frown.

His gaze left the door's frame to set on me instead. The way his eyes were raking over my nearly naked shapes triggered a plethora of conflicting feelings in me.

"Not at all," he answered with his deep voice, sending more shivers under my skin.

How dare he look at me like this, as if he hadn't been an absolute ass to me for the past few days? It didn't matter if he'd already seen my breasts and even pressed his lips on them. This wasn't something he was allowed to see anymore.

With an angry gesture, I spun my finger in the air to order him to do just that.

After a brief instant, he pushed himself off of the frame and slowly turned his back on me, granting me a modicum of privacy. Frantic, I turned to the bed in search of something to cover myself with. My hoodie was all tangled up with my tank top, so I picked up the sweater I meant to wear for the ride home instead.

"You should have made your presence known sooner," I angrily pointed out as I slipped it on.

"I've been clearing my throat since before the socks came off." His answer embarrassed and annoyed me altogether. Regardless of that, he should have just walked away when he'd seen me undress, and pretend like he'd never seen a thing.

I turned to face his impressive back, throwing daggers at it with my glare. "What are you doing here?"

"In my house, you mean?"

His wits weren't charming at the moment, so it did nothing to appease my temper. "Weren't you supposed to come back tomorrow?"

"There was a change of plans."

"You seem to have a lot of those."

"It's been a whole thing lately, yes. Can I turn, now?"

"No."

Although I was decent again, I'd rather argue without him facing me, as the back of his head didn't have those two devilish eyes that always managed to kill my resolve so effortlessly.

But since I wasn't fumbling around anymore, he probably guessed that I'd covered myself, so he spun my way, regardless. Even with the relatively loose top I had on, I felt too undressed to face him. My lack of bra was rendered obvious by the flimsy fabric, and my legs were almost bare. I crossed my arms in front of me, hoping it could protect me from his hawk-like stare.

Outside, the music had turned into Hotel California, which wasn't as loud and allowed me to gather my thoughts.

"How are you back so early? You said it'd take hours, if not another day," I asked, refusing to let this go. He shrugged, unsure of what to say.

"The negotiations went through faster than I expected."

On the phone, he'd led me to understand they were far from finishing, and something told me he'd been genuine. His presence here made no sense, and I could perceive something fishy in his attitude. We'd been so close to never seeing each other ever again, and yet there he was, right at my doorstep.