1 - a marriage alliance

A/N: This is mainly based off of when Manon said "we'll see" in response to Yrene mentioning marriage between Dorian and Manon at the end of KoA. Just personal opinion, but I literally would have LOVED for them to get married at the end of the book, but alas... it was not to be <///3

Summary
A year on from the war with Erawan, and having seen many of his friends get married in the last few months, Dorian begins to wonder about bringing the subject up with Manon again...

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・''・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

Dorian started awake, shooting up and panting as he awoke from a nightmare. He looked over to his side, where Manon lay, her white hair shining in the faint moonlight coming though the window of the room. Breathing heavily he tried to calm himself down, repeating to himself what Manon would say if she were awake - it's ok, it wasn't your fault, there was nothing you could have done. As quietly as he could he got up, hoping to get some air, and grabbing a shirt to guard against the Terrassen chill.

The country was celebrating yet another marriage. This time between Lorcan and Elide, who had waited for Aedion and Lysandra to marry first, before announcing their engagement. Dorian walked out onto the balcony, and laughed to himself. He could still hear faint music coming from the ballroom below, and despite how late it was - or maybe how early it was - Dorian was sure Aelin's court would be celebrating well into tomorrow.

He had been right to put on a shirt - the wind in Terrassen was cold, yet Dorian welcomed it. The gentle chill slowly pulled him away from the grasp of his dark memories, and his magic awakened slightly as the cold embraced him. Since the kingsflame has bloomed after the war, the air in Terrassen seemed to be imbued with something special, something that made his heart grow and his magic sing.

Dorian almost thought about shifting, which had become almost second nature to him whenever he felt the need to escape from himself. He preferred any form that could fly: bees, ravens, sometimes even a wyvern, much to Chaol's concern (and Manon's delight). Dorian tried to push the urge down, gripping onto the railing tightly and breathing in deeply.

He wasn't sure how Elide would respond to a wyvern gatecrashing her wedding. He didn't even want to think about Lorcan. The brooding male, who only seemed to lighten up slightly around his mate, had always terrified Dorian, a fact which Aelin and Lysandra liked to remind him of whenever Lorcan was mentioned. His last run in with the legendary warrior had been at Aedion and Lysandra's wedding. Dorian may have had a little too much to drink that night (a certain iron-toothed chaperone hadn't been there to watch over him) and whilst he and Aelin had been sitting outside, recovering from a rather over the top dance, the conversation of her court had come up. Recounting Rowan's how long list of last names had been the first thing that set them giggling, and the mention of Fenrys 'Moonbeam' had them both running laps (literally) trying not to laugh too loud. The final straw was when Aelin made mention of Lorcan, and his new name: Lord Lorcan Lochan. Dorian had laughed so hard he fell off the bench and into a bush, which in turn set Aelin off, who then too, fell into a bush.

Dorian had still been rolling around in the foliage whilst clutching his stomach and looking at the sky when Aelin began to quiet. She shot him a look, but he missed it, to busy repeating Lorcan's new name at the top of his lungs. Aelin had had to hiss Dorian's name several times until he got the hint and finally looked up. He found himself face to face with a one Lord Lorcan Lochan, who did not look happy.

"Your majesty." Lorcan had said, with a tone of disdain that seemed to say I can't believe I have to deal with this immaturity. "Yes?" Dorian had squeaked out, which Aelin giggled at.
"I believe Chaol is wondering where you are. And I believe Rowan is wondering who is making the incredibly loud noise." Lorcan had said, shooting Aelin a look which made her suddenly decide to stargaze. "Tell Chaol I'll be right inside. Oh and please extend my apologies to Prince Rowan for the noise. We didn't intend to disturb the guests."
Lorcan had simply smirked and walked away, and since then Dorian had told himself he would avoid the warrior at all costs.