5 - concert au

A/N this came to me in a dream and i think it was some divine message so i'm writing it instead of doing work
also!! if you enjoy my writing please consider following me! it allows me to send messages about when new parts will be out/take requests etc. and i have so many ideas in the works rn which i'm v excited about
as always, thankyou for reading :))

Summary
Manon and her roommates find themselves at a Soho gig, and she's particularly drawn in by the BEAUTIFUL singer.

*・゜゚・*:.。..。.:*・''・*:.。. .。.:*・゜゚・*

All I do is sit and think about you

If I knew what you'd do

Collapse my veins, wearing beautiful shoes

It's not living, if it's not with you

Manon slowly made her way through the streets of Soho, feeling slightly out of her depth and massively pissed off. Asterin and Sorrel were striding ahead, both of her roommates winding through the roads far too happily for Manon's liking.

To be fair, it was neither of their faults that Manon was so angry - on the contrary it was purely because of the boring reason that she had 'had a bad day'. More like terrible. Abominable. Her alarm had very helpfully decided not to go off, leaving her scrambling to get to work in time, where she had been told by her secretary that the deadlines for Milan Fashion Week had been brought forward, and all of the pre-shot material needed to be ready by the end of the week. So yes, as she walked through the packed streets on Thursday evening, well aware that tomorrow could mark the end of her career (she had not managed to get the pre-shot material ready on time), she was, understandably, mad.

And on top of that, she was now cold, and annoyed that she had just spent twelve quid on a single slice of pizza. London prices were going to destroy her. When Asterin had heard about her bad-terrible-abominable day, she had encouraged going out, which Sorrel had immediately agreed to, suggesting G-A-Y, claiming "The music is really good, and the men are typically less creepy than usual!" What Sorrel had failed to mention was that the club wouldn't be open on Thursdays.

So here Manon was, trudging through the February cold, in an outfit meant for a nightclub, not a British winter, and feeling massively sorry for herself. Her knee-high boots were beginning to hurt (why had she ever thought she would have been able to dance in these?) and her skirt-crop top combo was definitely not doing much to preserve her body heat.

Too busy wallowing in her own self-pity, Manon hardly noticed Asterin sidling up to her, leaning forward to make eye contact with her. Sorrel was still walking ahead, now talking animatedly on her phone, at a volume loud enough to draw stares from the many people wandering past them. "Remind me why we're here?" Manon asked, deadpan.

"To distract you from your terrible day. Obviously." Asterin responded, a smirk playing on her face that only really infuriated Manon more. "Is it working?"

Manon looked at her, blinked slowly, then grimaced "Yes, Asterin, I'm freezing, grumpy, and practically bankrupt from my dinner, but yes, it is working."

"Are you cold? Holy shit, I am freezing, but I swear Sorrel isn't even human, she was all like 'oh my god Asterin how are you cold' like how do you think I'm cold? It's only, what, minus fucking twenty right now or something. Oh my lord."

Manon stared up at the sky and willed herself not to scream, not even looking at Asterin as she responded "Aren't we having an uncharacteristically warm winter? I read that somewhere."