Chapter 28

Draco didn't hear the spell Mme Pomfrey used when the flash of blue light hit Harry, causing his magic to stop working its way inside him, though it caused him to fall unconscious. If the magic had not been stopped then Harry was likely to have experienced a magical explosion.

"What was that?" Draco his his hands behind his back, unable to stop his hands from shaking, but not wanting to show that to Mme Pomfrey.

"It's something that usually only happens with people becoming an Obscurial, his magic reversed. This spell doesn't fix the root of the issue, it simply prevents this time's explosion." Mme Pomfrey put her wand down, tying her hair more tightly. "Can you tell me what might have caused this?"

"I don't know, we were just playing and flying when suddenly he started acting weird and his magic stopped working properly." Draco looked at Harry, still worried that he was going to burst into flames again, or that his magic would invert again.

"I'll go contact his parents, feel free to stay here with him." Mme Pomfrey's voice was gentle as she went to her office.

"Is everything okay?" Akiva poked their head into the Hospital Wing, looking along the beds for Harry.

Draco didn't hear him, taking a seat on the edge of Harry's bed. He couldn't tell if Harry was stunned or sleeping, but either way he wasn't awake and didn't seem to be able to tell what was going on. Draco just wished this had never happened.

Akiva walked over and tapped Draco on the shoulder, getting his attention. Akiva didn't say anything, gesturing to Harry.

"He should be alright for now, Mme Pomfrey is getting his parents." Draco was trying to keep himself together.

"He'll be okay, he's really strong. Besides, he has a phoenix inheritance, he won't fully die." Akiva tried to reassure Draco, but just looking at his eyes made it clear there was nothing they could do to make him feel better. "I need to get going, let me know if you need anything."

When the door opened Draco was no longer able to stop the tears that were building inside him.

How many times was this going to happen? Why was it always Harry? Why was Draco always helpless to stop Harry's suffering? Harry didn't deserve this!

Draco was trying to stay quiet as large, hot tears dropped down his cheeks. How many more times was Draco going to have to sit in the Hospital Wing watching Harry? Draco's eyes were red, and his cheeks were flushed with anger and sadness.

He didn't know when his parents showed up, he didn't even know they were going to, but at some point he was crying into his father's chest. Neither of his parents said anything, neither did Draco, but Lucius was gently rubbing Draco's head, and Narcissa had a hand on his back.

"What happened?" James asked, though it seemed that he was ignoring how emotional Draco was, so he just pretended he was invisible.

Now he had burst, the emotions he hadn't realised he was bottling up pouring out through his eyes, he wasn't sure he was able to stop. At the very least in his father's arms he felt safe, and the lack of attention made him feel normal.

"His magic reversed, there didn't seem to be a trigger for it, are any of you aware of what might have caused this?" Mme Pomfrey explained, Draco didn't know if it was just James and Lily, or if Remus and Sirius were there too.

"I don't think Bean is the reason, he seemed fine with it, and we haven't had any information to tell him recently." Lily was clearly talking about her second child, she refused to pick a name until the child was born, calling it Bean until then.

"It might be because of the reaction his magic had to what Dumbledore put him through. His magic won't fully recover until... Until next time he... I can't say if that's really the case though. I haven't seen enough like this." James' voice sounded heavy.

"Elves are very in tune with magic, we have some living in the forest around us, Harry is close to one called Killian, but I have a slight relationship with a half elf who might be able to help." Sirius said, so Mme Pomfrey had called for all of the people who acted as Harry's parents, though maybe Remus was busy with teacher stuff, as Draco couldn't hear him.

"That would probably be a good idea." Mme Pomfrey agreed. "I can't say how long he'll sleep for, as long as it takes to help his magic heal itself."

-----

Harry slept for a good few days, and when he finally awakened he had no idea why he was in the Hospital Wing, or why Draco was so red eyed with such a worried expression. After a meal in the Hospital Wing and another check up, Mme Pomfrey seemed satisfied enough to give him a clean bill of health and let him leave.

"I swear it's like you're trying to break a record of most Hospital Wing visits." Draco pouted as they walked back to the Slytherin dorm, Harry's embarrassment of whatever happened in Hufflepuff still fresh in his mind.

'I think that title is held by Moon.' Harry signed, he couldn't remember if Draco knew about Remus being a werewolf, but either way the man was literally covered in scars, you don't get that many scars that visibly and not get taken to the Hospital Wing.

"It's not something you should be trying to beat." Draco folded his arms.

'Sorry. I love you.' Harry looked a little downcast.

He didn't know why Draco was angry, but it was probably his fault.

"No, it's- I love you too. Don't apologise, this is Dumblebitch's fault." Draco swung his hand, hitting the wall quite hard by accident.

'You're not supposed to use that word.' Harry signed, taking Draco's hand and blowing on it, not being able to do anything else to help.

"Oh who cares if I'm supposed to say it? We're in secondary school, and if he's going to do what he does, then I'm going to call him whatever I want." Draco's cheeks flushed at Harry's care for his small injury.

-----

Albus Dumbledore has now received the dementor's kiss. It is unclear if it was planned for him to be kissed so early, or if it was one of the 5 daily cases of dementors kissing prisoners or those being arrested without being allowed to. I assure you readers, I, Rita Skeeter, will find the truth.