TWELVE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚 :
in their domain

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     CARLY'S PHONE WASN'T in the truck

CARLY'S PHONE WASN'T in the truck. (F/N) celt her chest fill with disappointment as she looked over to the house. It must be in there; Bo must've taken it once they left. Nick followed her gaze and reminded them, "Wade and Dalton."

"Wade went in there and never came out." Carly informed as she too looked at the house with unease.

(F/N) looked up at the house with a nervous feeling in her stomach, she just wanted to leave and never come back. She wished they never came to this place and drove past it entirely.

This town was a nightmare, and all she wanted to do was wake up and forget about it.

"Okay...we go in quick, one pass, we can't find them—we have to go get the hell out of here." Nick changed the plan and the girls nodded,

"Yeah."

"Let's see if there's a back door."

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

The back door was unlocked, allowing the trio to sneak in. The house was dead silent, making her paranoia go nuts as the loudest thing she heard was her own breathing.

(F/N) followed Carly, who had taken the lead after finding a baseball bat outside. The brunette entered the kitchen directly to the right of the door. Putting her hand out to grab the landline phone, only to receive a beeping noise, signaling that the phone wasn't in use.

Carly switched directions, ushering Nick to walk into the living room instead. That room unlike the kitchen was lit up by a few lamps. However, Carly grabbed (F/N)'s hand lightly to keep her from following the man. The brunette took control as she slowly pushed the unknown door open.

Spotting a caged container in the corner of the room on the wall the girl walked over to it slowly. (F/N) felt yet another shiver down her spine as she noticed the weapons sitting in it. Almost expecting Bo to be there with his shotgun the girl turned quickly, only to see Carly.

"They have more guns!" (F/N) whispered the quietest she could in fear of someone hearing other than her friends.

"Nick! Nick, there's guns!" Carly spoke to the man across the bottom floor in a hushed whisper.

Though the house was so quiet that the quietest noise sounded like a shout. And even Nick's footsteps sounded loud as he crept over to the two and tried to pull on the cage, only to realize that there was glass covering it. He grabbed the wooden bat from Carly, beginning to wrap clothes around it.

When finished, he drove it into the glass covering the cage. Way to be quiet. (F/N) shook her head and sighed quietly, moving away from the two to make sure neither of the entrances were opening.

"It's bolted to the wall," Carly informed after also trying to get the black gate off the weapons.
"There's gotta be a key around here somewhere."

And so began the search.

Finding a brown dresser, the girl looked around the top of it before deciding that there wasn't a key on it. Opening the top drawer (F/N) paused when she spotted news clippings. One was the same photo from the clipping on the wall of the museum, this time titled:

sɪᴀᴍᴇsᴇ ᴛᴡɪɴs
ʙᴏʀɴ ᴛᴏ ʟᴏᴄᴀʟ ᴄᴏᴜᴘʟᴇ

The one below showed two babies. One had a bandage wrapped around the top of its head while the other had the majority of its face covered, only small slivers of skin peeking from beneath. She read the headline,

sɪᴀᴍᴇsᴇ ᴛᴡɪɴs sᴇᴘᴇʀᴀᴛᴇᴅ
ғᴀᴛʜᴇʀ ᴘᴇʀғᴏʀᴍs ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏᴠᴇʀsɪᴀʟ ᴘʀᴏᴄᴇᴅᴜʀᴇ

Is this supposed to be Dr. Sinclair's controversial work? The girl drew to the conclusion as she picked up a pile of three photos, this time in color.

The first was two boys, one leaning down to grab a football while the other held a baseball bat. But the second boy made her look twice. Instead of having two eyes, the boy had a perfectly fine left eye and a black hole where his right should've been. Taking a look between the photo and the clipping (F/N) made comparisons.

The next was the same boys, but this time at a birthday party. Presumably, their own seeing as they were in front of the cake.

The next was a blonde woman with a cigarette in her mouth, holding the two boys on her lap. The photo after was the most disturbing. It held the Siamese twins before they were separated.

(F/N) observed the photo before jumping when a loud noise was heard. The door opened with a slam and a pained groan filled the floor, along with stomping.

Looks like Bo is home...Shit.

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

AUTHORS NOTE !

Not much changed about
this chapter ngl.

I'm at Disneyland rn so
updates will take a hot
minute.

Posted: April 19, 2022
Rewrite: May 1, 2023
Words: 822
Edited: ✘︎