Chapter 27

Mason's POV

"You will have to meet one of the rouges that are in the cellars." Carter tells me.

"Why?" I ask, not knowing why he would want me to meet them.

"You will see." He says, refusing to give me the answer.

"Can I go too?" Timmy asks, and Carter nods his head in agreement.

We eat quickly, and we leave the house to go to the pack house, then Carter tells us to go to his office, while he goes downstairs, and into the basement where the rouges are, inside of the cellars, to get whoever he wants me to meet.

Timmy and I sit on one of the couches when we enter the office, that is almost never used, since Carter has an office in our house, and he prefers to work there.

The door opens only a few minutes later, and in comes Carter, who drags a guy that looks a lot like me.

He tries to get out of Carter's grip, and the cuffs that are locked on his wrists, but he doesn't have even half of the strength that Carter has, but the doesn't make him stop trying.

"So, what about him?" Timmy asks Carter.

"He's one of the few rouges that managed to shift before we killed them, and he looks, and smells similar to Mason, so I'm pretty sure that they're brothers, this guy is much older through." Carter says, pointing to the man that still tries to get out.

He continues to do so, not interested in talking to us, before he finally sniffs the air, then he turns his head in my direction, probably recognising my smell.

"Tate?" He asks. "I thought you were killed." He tells me.

"Was that my name?" I ask curiously, and he nods.

"Yeah. What's your name now?" He asks.

"Mason." I respond.

"It sounds good." He says, with a smile.

"Alright, so we're sure that you're brothers." Carter says, leading the guy to the other couch, still holding him tightly, so he won't be able to attack any of us.

"What's your name?" Timmy asks.

"Erick." He responds.

"Can you tell us what happened and why Mason ended up here?" Carter asks.

"Well, it was years ago, so I don't remember everything." He says.

"I know that our pack was attacked, there wasn't many warriors left, so one of the warriors opened the safe room, and everyone runned out of the pack house, and into the woods.

When our mother, and the two of us were running, dad managed to tell us to run towards the pack that was a few days away from ours.

So, we did that, and we were, most likely, almost there, but we were attacked by the rouges, the same ones that attacked our pack, and they killed mom, who managed to hide you from them since you were little.

She pushed you under a fallen tree, and she hit you on your head to make you pass out, so you wouldn't scream.

But I was too big to hide there, so after they killed mom, they took me with them, and I was living with them ever since that happened. " Erick explains.