Դ. ℨ𝔦𝔫𝔤

"Let's go, Jane" Johnny ushered her after he loaded their backpacks in the taxi.

   Janette looked one last time into the woods, the sun just barely visible at the distance. They were lucky to find a flight and a ride to the airport in a short amount of time, right now the only thing she felt like doing was sleeping and trying to forget the crippling pain that had set in her heart after leaving Markus behind.

   Both settle in the back seats, Johnny glances at her side, worried in his face by the lack of light in her eyes. His young sister, his best friend and partner in crime was hardly a shadow even as the sun illuminated her.

   "We should get going," He tells the driver.

➽──────────────❥

"Oh. Here he comes." A shrunken head said "Count Crock-ula, I'm just glad my eyes are stitched shut, 'cause I don't even want to..."

Dracula didn't ever bother to acknowledge it as he opened the door to his son's bedroom.

"Markus, honey, are you in there? Markus? Markus? Markus, where are you? Markus?"

The room was silent, no one was there. Dracula got worried and started looking around the place, when he found nothing there he transformed into a bat to circle the castle to try and find Markus, he calmed down when he saw his figure sitting on the roof of the hotel.

He detransform a few steps behind Markus, moving carefully until he was beside him. Markus remains seated, his face hidden.

"Dad, can you do me a favor?" He turned to his father.

"Yes, yes, of course, darling." Dracula noded "Anything."

"Will you erase my mind?"

"No, no, no, no." Dracula was horrified by the request "No, I won't do that. There's too much I want you to remember."

"You were right, Dad. Humans hate us."

"Sweetheart, there are so many eligible monsters out there. You're so young to..." He noticed something in Markus' hands "What is it? What are you reading?"

Markus passed his birthday gift to his father, a book he found lying on his bed that his father had left for him before the party fiasco. It was from his mother.

Two lonely bats crashed in the night.

They felt a Zing. Love at first sight.

They knew right then they would be husband and wife.

For a Zing only happens once in your life.

Your Zing will come, my love.

Cherish it.

Love, Mommy.

"I thought we Zinged, Dad." Markus murmured, pulling Dracula out of his thoughts and causing him to gasp.

"You and Janette?"

"I guess it was only me." He got up "But you should be happy, Dad. There's no reason for me to leave, I have no more dreams. I'm just like you now." And he walked away, head down.

"Martha, what have I done?"

In the lobby there was a mess as all the guests wanted to check out, having to raise their voice and make their way to the desk as the zombies in turn tried to attend to them.