Chapter 37

Violet

I can never get anything done in the presence of Aless. He just distracts me so much. It's hard to not stare at him constantly. It's hard to not notice that he stares at me.

The way his breath hits my shoulder due to our close proximity or the way his fingers around my waist burn into my skin, it's all so distracting.

He's so distracting.

He has all of my attention, all of the time.

I love that he has it. He can keep it. It's his. I'm his and I'm happy for it. I've know I loved him since sophomore year. And now in senior year it's amazing to see just how much more I love him.

But at the moment I don't want him having my attention. My assignment that's due at the end of the night desperately needs my attention. Especially since I'm in the research stage.

I squint my eyes at the screen trying my best to focus. I read the first fact I see. Maybe my attention will be caught and taken away from his touch.

"Did you know the Eiffel Tower has a restaurant?" I murmur scrolling through the Wikipedia page I'm using for research on my paper of the attractions in Paris.

"I did not." Aless's lips skim my shoulder, his breath sending chills down my back as he responds. His arms tighten around my midsection completely taking my attention away from the computer on my lap. "Would you like to visit someday?"

"With you? Yes." My eyes flutter shut when his kisses move to my neck. "Aless." What's supposed to be a warning to stop comes out as a breathy moan. "My m-mom is in the other room."

"I'm not doing anything wrong." He mumbles against my neck. "I'm helping you with your essay."

I turn my head to the side giving him more room to kiss. The gush of air that hits my neck lets me know he's laughing. My head snaps the side and catches his amused grin.

I scowl at him and climb off of his lap. "I'll finish this essay alone." I grab all my school stuff and make my way downstairs to the couch.

The pitter patter of his feet right behind me has me bitting back a grin.

I slump down on the couch and refuse to look at him when he stands in front of me. "Violet look at me."

"No." I mindlessly scroll through the Wikipedia page without reading the information. I hear Aless huff as he snatches my computer away. "Hey! My essay is due by tonight!"

"And I promise to help you with it." He says sincerely. He climbs onto the couch where my legs are and lays in between them on his stomach. His arms wrap around my torso and his chin is propped on my stomach as he stares up at me.

"You're probably staring at my double chin." Aless laughs shaking his head sending butterflies to my stomach.

"Tell me more about the Eiffel Tower?" He turns his head to the side letting his cheek rest on my stomach. Now he's problem listing to the gurgles of my stomach.

"Well it's one-thousand and eighty-three feet high. And it represents the magic of light. It sparkles lights every evening at the beginning of the hour for five minutes. I would die to see that. The Second floor of the tower is the one with the restaurant. Maybe someday in the future you and me will go see it." He looks up at me in time to catch the hopeful expression.

His lips stretch into a beautiful smile. "I promise. We'll go see it someday. The lights and the restaurant."

I smile down at the boy whose arms are around me and can't help but think my god I'm so in love with him.