~CHAPTER 7~

At the library, I was looking at the job listings and there really weren't any. I didn't need a job. As I have money. I have my savings and inheritance from my grandmother. Which is the money that my mother gave me. In the lock box. I didn't find a job ad, but I found a rental ad. The ad said: FOR RENT/OPTION TO BUY: 2 BEDROOM 2 BATHROOM CABIN ALONG THE BEACH, KITCHEN, LIBRARY, OFFICE, DINING ROOM AND LAUNDRY ROOM, WITH PARKING. CALLING LEON AT 547-552-1148. I decided I was going to call him about the rental listing.

I need to make roots and ground myself in one place. Maybe even become a member of the local pack if I can. I don't want to be a rogue anymore. I don't like the feeling that I am being watched all the time. Whether I am driving down the road or walking down the street or in the woods and it feels like there is someone behind me. But there isn't when I look. Maybe I am just paranoid. I was in the diner the other day eating and I saw a man in the one booth, and he was with another man and was like I was being stared at. When I was walking around town, the one guy who was with them was following me into every place that I went, and it kept creeping me out. I know it is because I am a rogue in this werewolf town. So, I should try to find out who the Alpha is and contact him and see if I can find permanent residence here.

BRAXTON

Everywhere I go into town, the smell of champagne and vanilla is so strong. My mate must be here from that other pact. I wish I could find her. But we keep missing each other. I was sitting in my office at the pack house when my brother Beta Sawyer came in.

"Hey Alpha Braxton!" He says to me.

"Sawyer, you're my brother. You don't have to use my title. We have gone over this. But what's up?" I said.

"One warrior caught sight of a rogue wolf. But says that her scent was off." He tells me.

"What do you mean, off?" I asked.

"He mentioned that something was wrong with her. He could sense that she was the she-wolf, but her wolf wasn't present. He thinks she lost her wolf." Sawyer says.

"That's horrible. Where was she when he spotted her?" I asked Sawyer.

"In the woods near the lake." He mentioned it and just looked at me.

"Lake Silver Stone? That is one on the other side of the woods near the pack house. Who is this rogue, anyway?" I asked him.

"We don't know, but she arrived in the area a few weeks ago." He mentioned it and then walked over to the window. "Has any packs reached out to about a missing girl?" He asked.

"Well, is she looking for a place to stay? Is she a threat? No one has reached out to me about anyone missing." I told him.

"Ok, well, we will monitor her and if we find her, we will bring her to you, Braxton. You can speak with her and decide for yourself." Sawyer tells me. I nod.

"Thank you." I told him.

"You're welcome." He tells me and then he leaves my office.

My wolf Ari tells me our mate is close to us, closer than you think. I tell him, Ari, you're crazy. She isn't here. Yes, I have smelled her in town. But that was days ago. She is long gone by now. She isn't coming back. Face it, we are mate less. Ari tells me, 'You are a fool; she is here in town. You will meet her soon because I can feel it. I just know it. Have faith.' I didn't want to argue with my wolf anymore. My wolf blocks me for the time being. I hate arguing with him about anything. But we first smelled put mate four months ago in the Red Eclipse Pack, and now she has been here for a while, and it is driving us crazy because we can't seem to find her anywhere.