Diagon Alley

James could hardly contain his excitement when he opened his Hogwarts letter, Eleanor on the other hand felt like throwing up as she realised the time had finally come for her and James to leave their parents and go to Hogwarts.

James and Eleanor were twins, and their parents only children. James has dark brown scruffy hair and wore circular glasses, he was always considered tall for his age especially compared to his twin sister Eleanor. Eleanor had long, golden wavy hair that always looked soft and shiny, she was always thought to be a bit small for her age but she didn't mind. She really didn't mind as she also knew she'd inherited her mothers good looks as she was often described as the most beautiful in the family by her older relatives.

Sure enough Eleanor was excited when she received her Hogwarts letter but not in the same ways as James. James couldn't wait to make friends, and play quidditch (even though he had to wait until his second year), and prank teachers and, of course, be the next Potter in Gryffindor house. However, Eleanor was more excited about learning new spells and potions, obviously she couldn't wait to make friends as well but she always found it quite hard in the past which made the idea of spending 7 years with the same people quite daunting.

James had always been the more confident and outgoing of the two, he also took his role as the older brother very seriously (even if it was only by 5 minutes) as he never backed down from the opportunity to defend his younger sister. So Eleanor knew that James would make friends easily and undoubtedly become very popular amongst their year, she also knew he was going to be in Gryffindor no matter what.

Eleanor on the other hand had convinced herself that only Hufflepuff would be willing to take her. Nothing against Hufflepuff at all, in fact the more she didn't think she fit into the other houses the more she fell in love with the idea of being in Hufflepuff house, but she didn't consider herself intelligent enough for Ravenclaw and was definitely not a Slytherin as her and her family had been officially known as blood traitors for some years now.

As for Gryffindor, Eleanor never considered herself brave enough to belong there.

So long before her letter even arrived she had accepted Hufflepuff as where she was meant to be, though she had never told James this as she knew it would break his heart that they might not be in the same house.

On the day James and Eleanor were set to go and buy all their school equipment from Diagon alley, Eleanor found herself panicking in the bathroom as she realised just how close it was until she left for Hogwarts.

"ELLIE ITS TIME TO GO!" James shouted from downstairs as he bounced up and down by the door not able to contain his excitement any longer, "IF YOU DON'T COME NOW THEN WE'RE LEAVING WITHOUT YOU!"

"James Potter be quiet and stop terrorising your sister," said Fleamont as he ruffled his sons hair, "we will leave when we're all ready to go."

"Don't worry Dad I'm ready now." Ellie said as she walked down the stairs "Do you think we could go and buy our books first?"

"No! I want to get my wand first" James argued back at his twin sister.

"Yes but how do you expect to be able to know how to use your wand if you don't have any books!" Ellie replied knowing James wouldn't have an argument back.

"Thats just... thats just completely besides the point though!"

"The point is you learn spells from books not just waving a wand around!"

"Oh shut up Nora"

(Eleanor hated being called Nora and would immediately starting punching anyone that called her it, besides James of course, and besides she much preferred to be called Ellie)