A train journey to remember

James and Ellie made their way down the platform with their parents preparing to say their goodbyes until Christmas when the family would reunite before the twins departed for Hogwarts again.

"Right then, this is it I guess." Fleamont spoke first breaking the silence between the family after they'd loaded their trunks onto the train "Because we're here early you should be able to find an empty compartment, usually best when your first years cause it means you don't have to ask other people if you can join them in their compartment."

"Ok dad we'll make sure to find an empty compartment." James said as he suddenly became nervous about leaving for Hogwarts for the first time.

"Who says I'm going to want to sit in the same compartment as James?" Ellie spoke loudly causing an odd look from both her parents.

"Well I just thought you'd want to sit with your brother, might make you a bit less nervous you know." Fleamont spoke unsure of his daughters behaviour.

"I'm only joking," Ellie laughed as she hugged her dad and said goodbye "You all need to learn to take joke. Should've seen your faces honestly."

James too began his goodbyes with their mother until they switched parents and more goodbyes were said again. This happened at least five times of Fleamont and Euphemia swapping who they were hugging and saying goodbye to, neither wanted it to be their last hug. It was James who finally said something.

"Alright then we're gonna get on the train now if that's ok," he said as he escaped his mothers hug and hid a tear as he quickly wiped his cheek "we'll see you at Christmas I guess."

"Bye mum and dad." Ellie said as she smiled and waved whilst getting on the train after her brother.

Euphemia couldn't hold in her tears any longer as the tears began falling from her eyes and rolling down her cheeks endlessly. She gave her husband a hug as she watched her two children get on the train and leave for Hogwarts for the first time. How the time had flown she thought as she watched the windows to see if she could see her children's faces looking out of any of them.

James and Ellie made their way through the train until they found an empty compartment just as their dad had said. James went in first and Ellie followed as they sat down opposite from each other and smiled to each other.

"Excited? Nervous? How are you doing?" James questioned Ellie as her eyes wandered around the compartment taking it all in.

"I'm doing good. I'm excited I think. I mainly just want the train to leave now to make sure that mum doesn't get a chance to board the train with us!" Ellie laughed as she made her way towards the window to see if she could find their parents.

"I know what you mean," James replied as he too began to look out the window, "over there!"

James pointed towards their parents who were now both crying "Why don't we give them a bit to calm down before we let them know where we are?"

"Yes that's probably best" Ellie agreed moving away from the window again.

It was still only quarter past ten by the time they had boarded the train so they still had a bit of a wait before the train left, in the meantime James and Ellie spoke about Hogwarts and what they were most excited for. This was until they were interrupted by a small knock on the door.

"I'm sorry but everywhere else is full, do you mind if I come in here with you?"

"No problem," James said as he moved up making space for the young boy who had knocked on the door, "I'm James, James Potter and this is Eleanor my twin sister-"

"I do know my own name you know, and just Ellie is fine." Ellie smiled as she introduced herself to the boy who for some reason she seemed to recognise.