Chapter Five

Chapter Five

Nathan's POV

I stood outside the cells, facing the Seer who had aided Jones and made the medicine which tormented my mate, living a life worse than death for the past six months. And she only have three more years of lifespan before her life ends.

My eyes had turned pitch black, enraged by what she has done. It is all because of her who landed my mate in this state. All I saw was red as my desires to kill her grew stronger.

My jaws hardened, my palms curled into fists as I clenched it tightly until I could feel my nails digging into my skin. "You b*tch. How dare you curse my mate to suffer in great pain and only let her survive for another three years!"

My voice boomed throughout the cells as the room went deathly quiet at my words. I was shaking with anger, nothing could stop me from ending her life instantly.

Wisps of white hair fell down from her bun as she knelt before me. Her pair of silver eyes shone brightly despite being trapped in the darkness.

"I know I have sinned, Alpha. I didn't know he would have misused the medicine I have bestowed him for the evil. If I had known, I wouldn't have given it to him, despite his benevolence for saving my life once."

"Lies." I snapped gruffly. Shawn has dug up on her background, informing me that she is a half Seer, half Sorceress who has the ability to make potions and the ability to heal.

"You are a half Seer and half Sorceress. You should have the ability to read the future."

"Alpha, only a full-fledged Seer can read the future. I am a half-fledged Seer who only has the ability to heal." She explained, her eyes staring at me with an unreadable expression.

I snorted, "I am not going to believe the words coming out from your mouth. I will torture you for the next three years and make you live a life worse than death. I will let you go through everything that my mate is going through right now."

She dropped to the ground at my words, her face paled in response. "I guess this is the only way for me to repent for my sins. I will accept the punishment, Alpha."

"Wallace and Roger, tie her to the chair and execute the torture. I want to see blood, but not enough to kill her." My command boomed throughout the rest of the cells as I stormed out of the dungeon.

I was shaking completely in anger, everything they have done have made my mate suffered so much pain. I will never forgive the deceased Jones, neither this Seer who has come on her own accord, bearing a death wish.

The moment she had stepped into my territory, she should have expected the outcome to be this way. There is no way I am going to let her go close to my mate and have the chance to harm her.

xxxx

I grabbed onto her hand, kissing it gently as I looked at my mate who look so beautiful even when she is sound asleep. Her chest rose and fell normally, showing how peacefully asleep she is at this moment.

"Babe, want to hear something?" I whispered, I can't help but to sniff as a tear fell onto her arm, trickling down her smooth skin with elegance.

"I had visited Elliot just now. I told him a story about Sleeping Beauty. However, this fairytale had a sad twist to it. I am sure if you are awake right now, you would want to hear about this enchanting yet, sad story."

"Deep in the woods, a Sleeping Beauty was sleeping soundly in a tower after being pricked by a spindle on a spinning wheel which was cursed by Maleficent. A handsome Prince heard his love being trapped in a 100 years sleeping spell and decided to go to her rescue with the help of three kind fairies. He managed to defeat Maleficent and lifted the spell. However, the curse was still present. It couldn't be removed and the Princess wasn't cured."

"Alpha, what will happen to the Princess?" His brown eyes staring up at me with so much innocence that I felt another tear escape. I smiled down at him lovingly, adoring this little child.

I composed myself, clearing my throat, "The Princess can only live for the next three years."

My mind flooded back to Eric's words of the deadly plant's effects which only gave my mate only three years to live. My mate and the Princess in this story are both so alike that I decided to give this fairytale a sad twist.

In this wretched world, there can never be a bed full of roses.

There is bound to be endless evil and consequences for what they have done. My mate is one of the victims and there is nothing I can do in my power to turn things back.

What's done is already done..

The little fella looked up at me, his eyes shining with hope in them. "I hope there will be a miracle for this Princess and let her survive beyond the three years. She seems like a kind person."

I smiled, wiping away my tears. "I hope so, kid." He wrapped his small arms around my waist, patting my back softly. "Don't cry, Alpha. You look really ugly when you do. And, I am sure Luna will not like to see you crying too."

"You are right.. She will not like to see me crying too."

I pulled away to look at him, his mouth forming into a wide grin. "That's right, Alpha. Stay strong for the Luna. I hope she wakes up soon and play with me!"

I chuckled, ruffling his hair as it went messy with absolute adoration towards the little kid who made my day, despite it was patchy ever since the Seer showed up.

"Yes, she will play with you. So, you have to recover soon."

"Yes, Alpha!"

I can't help but to smile at the memory as I sniffed, wiping away another tear. My eyes flickered down to my mate who was peacefully resting when I noticed a tear falling down her cheeks.

My eyes enlarged, almost popping out of its sockets as I held onto her hands tightly. Her closed eyelids moved as she struggled to open them.

"Babe!"

A/N _ Photo above is Elliot.