Chapter 36- The Terror Within

It was noon by the time any of the girls and I got up. I went in search of Iroh after we all parted ways.

Iroh was packing his belongings in our shared room when I found him.

"You leaving?"

Iroh swiftly turned around and attempted to conceal his suitcase. "What?....nahh.." He halted because he was aware that I wasn't buying it. "Yeah, I'm leaving."

I made my way over to the general. "Ooh baby, it's okay. You don't have to lie to me that you're leaving. I knew."

"You knew?" Iroh perked up.

"Yeah," I nodded my head, sheepishly. "I heard you crying in the radio room that you didn't want to leave."

"Oh." Iroh rubbed under his nose. "I..uh I-I wasn't crying about leaving. I just heard horrible news about one of my crew members." He lied.

"R-right." I grabbed the sides of Iroh's face and planted a few kisses on his lips. "Just say you're going to miss me."

Iroh slithered his arm around my waist. "I'm going to miss you."

"Now was that so hard?" I held Iroh tighter in my embrace. "I'll miss you, too."

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door, I walked up to it, revealing a few of Zaofu's guards. "Is General Iroh here?"

I opened the door wider, revealing Iroh sitting on the bed.

"Your airship is here, sir. I will escort you out."

Iroh heaved a sigh as he stood up and gave the guards his belongings to carry.

Iroh turned around, pulling me closer to him and leaving a long lingering kiss on my lips. "I love you."

"I love you, too. I'll see you soon."

I watched as Iroh followed after the guards, leaving Zaofu.

This time, I didn't feel empty inside watching Iroh leave. I knew I was going to see him again, and we were finally going to take a break with the craziness around us and just settle down and just love each other.

✧༺♥༻∞༺♥༻✧

Asami and I had walked to the garden where Korra is sparring with Wing. He fires two meteorites at her, but she dodges them and sends her metal cable at him. He dodges it twice, traps it on the ground, and bends it back at her. The impact of the cable knocks Korra to the ground.

Wing pumps his fist. "I can't believe I'm sparring with the Avatar!"

"I can't believe I'm stuck with her friend." Wei says, referring to Bolin. Bored and frowning.

"Hang on, I think I got it. Let me just try this." Bolin attempts and fails to bend a meteorite. "Nope, okay maybe-" He is cut off as he gets nailed with a slab of metal by Wei.

"Trial by fire. It's the best way to learn metal-bending." Wei says. Bolin ducks as a meteorite is sent toward him. He quickly bends a pebble at Wei, directly hitting his forehead. "Agh!"

"Right in the third eye." I winced.

"Yeah, nice shot, Bolin." Mako agrees, appearing behind Asami and I. Wei grabs his forehead with both hands and makes little moans of pain. "But I thought you were supposed to be practicing metalbending, not earthbending."

Wei rubs his red forehead. "Yeah, cheater." He crosses his arms.

"Mako, metalbending is extremely difficult. No one gets it right away, if they can get it at all! It's not normal!" Everyone looks to Korra, as she is able to dodge Wing's attacks and knock him to the ground with her cables.