Chapter 3

Kai looked at his sister and nodded. „Where is Lloyd?" she asked. Kai pointed at his bedroom „He went to change." She nodded and went to the kitchen, but before she left, she looked at him with a question in her eyes. Brunette raised his eyebrow in obvious answer. Nya smiled and left. She prepared their dishes.

Kai turned to his bedroom and knocked on the door. „Lloyd, are you ready? Dinner is on the table." He called. After some minutes, he heard the door open, and he looked at the small boy in his old green shirt with brown pants. He smiled at the adorable sight. „Oh my god you look so cute." The brunette smirked at the blushing kid. „I am not cute! I am scary!" he glared at the laughing teen. Brunette bursted out laughing when the cute child tried to scare him but he was like a big angry baby. Lloyd pouted, but soon started laughing, too.

What can he say? It was contagious! It felt good to relax in really long time.

The brunette grinned at the laughing child and squeezes his arm comfortingly. Lloyd froze and looked at the arm, then at Kai. They were staring at each other for a while until they heard Nya shout from the kitchen. „Boys! Come to eat before it will get cold!" she was angry now. Kia and Lloyd froze in fear and ran into the kitchen. „We're here!" they shouted in unison. Blue-eyed girl turned to her brother and soon to be brother and smirked. „Well, look at that! You actually came." She narrowed her eyes. Kai laughed nervously. „Um... oh!" He hugged Lloyd around his arms „This little cute child needed help to change! That's why we were late!" he smiled innocently. Lloyd opened his mouth to protest but shut up when he figured out that he would live longer when he saw the glare Kai shot at him and Nya's raised eyebrow. „yeah! It kinda smelled like a hair gale, so I asked him if he doesn't have something to beat the smell." He smirked when he saw the blush that appeared on the older boy. Nya bursted out laughing „Oh my god! I told you-you are using too much of that crap but even he noticed after one half an hour!" she was crying now. Kai crossed his arms. „Hey! It took skill to look this good!" now the blonde boy was laughing too.

He actually was right! He was only kidding, but this brunette was easy to make fun of!

Kai shook his head and gave the glare at them. „Can we go eat now? I am hungry." He pouted. The wheezing girl now pointed her thumbs up and got up. „Come on, Lloyd, I am sure you are hungry too." She went to sit at the table and Kai followed and sat at the head of the table. The blonde boy soon calmed down and stared at them. And wasn't sure what to do. Kia smiled at him and pointed at the chair next to him and on the opposite side of Nya. The child slowly came up to the chair and sat down unsurly. Nya also smiled at him and gave him the food. Lloyd soon started eating. He was really fast, so Kai had to stop him before he will choke. „Whoa slow down! This food won't go anywhere you can calm down!" he petted him on the head.

Lloyd looked down in shame. Nya looked worried at him. Kai seemed to understand. He couldn't help it. What if they'd took him the food and laugh at him for believing them? He couldn't risk it. But the spiky-haired teen seemed serious when he said that food won't go anywhere. So he simply nodded and slowed down and actually tried to enjoy the feel of the taste of the food.

Nya turned to her brother. Kai met her look and turned back to the small kid. „So Lloyd... where do you spend the night?" he asked carefully. The blonde kid froze and looked suspiciously. „Why?" Kai smirked and met Nya's look again. Lloyd turned at the girl and looked kinda scared. Nya smile at him kindly „Simple. Because we want to take your things and put them into our quest room." Lloyd blinked, confused, and looked at the brunette. Kai nodded „Or your room, to be specific. But only if you agree." Both of them were just looking at him and waiting for an answer.

Lloyd couldn't believe it. They wanted him to move in with them? But that couldn't be right. „What's the catch?" he glared at them. Nya looked sad for a sec and answered. „There is no catch. We just want to take care of you. You seem like a good kid, even when you think you're otherwise." Kai nodded „She is right, kiddo. You do actually act like our little brother already." He smirked and messed with his hair. Lloyd looked unsure at first, but let him pet him. „Brother?...." Nya grinned. „yes. You don't need to look at us like on the older siblings, but at least like at friends?" she asked. Kai took her hand under the table to help her calm down. She was looking at the small child in hope to get a new member of the family and he had to support her if he will refuse.

But Kai didn't need to do that because he soon found himself lying on his back with his sister and being crushed in the hug that the small child gave them. Lloyd was crying in pure happiness and wasn't trying to hide it when he was thanking them over and over again.

Kai and Nya smiled at each other and hugged their new little brother. Life couldn't be better now for the Lloyd Garmadon.

Way before the fire sparkedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें