First Chapter•

Aashi's POV:-
I am half asleep and don't know why there is so much noise in my hostel room, these sounds woke me up and I sat in bed, I shouted to my friends and asked them, "why are you making so much noise?"

Shreya my friend she came and sat near me and said to me, "how are you feeling Aashi? This feeling must be very good, isn't it? How good of luck do you have?

I was very confused, I could not understand anything, that's why I asked, tell me clearly, what do you want to say? Then another friend of mine whose name was Aditi came to me and gave me a letter and after reading that letter I was in seventh heaven.

When I was reading it, everyone congratulated me and then Warden Aunty came and started shouting as usual that, "why all of you are shouting this much?"

After listening to the scolding of the warden aunty everyone started doing their own work and now even I lost my sleep reading that letter!

By the way, playing cricket was my hobby and I don't know how I got selected in the state team. But now after reading this letter, I was feeling that I can make my career as a cricketer.

It was written in this letter that the state cricket team of girls will be trained well and the best players will be there in the Indian National Team (Womens), and then some more famous Indian crickets will be our couch and will get our training done, this will be full 2 ​​weeks training.

How nice it would be to have my favorite cricketers train me oh my god I am still devastated!

I still remember that day when we had sports class and I entered to play cricket with my friends when I didn't know how to play anything. My 10th preboards were just finished and we're enjoying like this! I remember I had a bat in my hand and I hit a good shot maybe by mistake and our sports teacher selected me in the school cricket team because of that! After that we used to train for cricket and gradually I started enjoying it and cricket also started getting interesting.

There was an interschool cricket competition but our school girls team lost but the coach of the state team put me on the wishlist after seeing my batting skills. After that more training took place and I got selected in the state cricket team. Yes it took 2 whole years because now I am in grade 12 but my hard work finally paid off!

I told the same thing to my mother by calling her and everyone in the house was very happy for me and I told them that I would have to leave in 2 days. I have to go to Delhi because there will be the same training and other things will also be told there only.

I was packing my bag and my mother was repeatedly calling me and saying that keep this, keep that, don't forget to keep that as your own and stay well.

I packed everything and came to my house till evening. Had to leave for Delhi from the hostel at night with my father.

Everything happened very quickly and now I was in a 5 star hotel in Delhi from where we were used to go to the stadium for practice.
My father had already gone fo Chandigarh as we reached there, and there I found another friend, Nikita whom I knew from a long time, so I did not get bored there. I guess the crickets were also came to the hotel already!

The next day the bus of the state team came and took us to a stadium which had players from other states as well. And finally, the time that everyone was waiting for has arrived, the bus for the players of the Indian National Team has arrived.

Nikita had forgotten her bag in the bus, so both of us talking together had reached the gate to go out of the stadium, While looking around the stadium laughing and giggling with her I saw a boy in front of me, my smile disappeared seeing him looking at me.

He was still as cute as before and was so handsome that he would become famous if he made a career in acting. He still had such an innocent face that any girl would go crazy after seeing him. His eyes were shining and his face was glowing, It was coming to know that how hard he has reached here and how deserving he is.

When I saw him, I saw that he was already looking at me. And why not see, after all what he did to me, he and I can't even forget that. Yess, it was him, Shubman Gill.

It seemed that my heart melted for a second because I was just looking at him continuously. I released that the move on I had made since 3 years will be all wasted because suddenly seeing him I am again feeling love for him.

I was interrupted with Nikita when she said, "let's go fast, to take the bag, see the coaches have come, we will be late." I regained consciousness and I lowered my face in refuge, I felt very strange. And I went towards the bus with Nikita. When I came a little further, I was relieved that he was still looking at me, but I did not look back even once. Many past memories were coming in my mind and same thing must have happened with him, and I am sure about it!

Now I was just thinking that what will I do now and how will I face it? If I again fell in love with him? If anyone comes to know about us then what? If he came to me talking about our past then what will I say to him? I was just overthinking so much, and now it seemed that I should go back from here because I did not have the courage to face Shubman.

_________________________________________________________________

Thank you all for reading this story.
Second part will be updated soon just wait for that! 🫶🧿