Chapter 34

We pulled up to the giant house, I still wasn't used to the size of it. Abbie grabbed me out of my car seat and started walking towards the door, "I'll take her into the living room, want to go round up Jordan and Gabby and grab your laptop?" "Yeah, you go get her situated in the living room and we will all be right there." Abby walked us into the house and headed for the living room, Josh smiled at me and then started walking up the stairs.

I was set down on the couch and Abbie walked away, where was she going? I whimpered and watched her leave the room, I hadn't been by myself since I had met Abbie and Josh, why was I left alone now? I didn't realize I was crying until I heard, "Aww, what's the matter baby?" I was picked up and felt my bottom being patted while I was being rocked. I slowly looked up and found myself in Gabby's arms, I didn't like her as much as Abbie, but she was making me feel better, so I snuggled myself further into her arms and let out a little sigh. "Shhh, all better now, baby?" I gave a little nod into her chest, and grabbed her shirt, I didn't want her to decide she didn't want to hold me anymore.

"Awww, what happened to the baby?" "I'm not sure, I came in the living room, and she was crying." "Poor baby, why did Josh want us in the living room anyways?" I turned my head and peered over at Jordan, "Hi sweetie, what happened?" I pointed at the doorway and then looked over at him. "Did you want to go out of the Livingroom?" Before I could answer Abbie walked into the room, she looked over at me, "Oh no, what happened? I was gone for all of two minutes to get you a drink baby." She quickly approached and reached over to my face, I closed my eyes, but I felt her move a piece of hair behind my ear. When I opened my eyes, Abbie was smiling at me. "Come on, let's have a seat. Josh and I need to discuss what happened at the doctors this morning." Gabby gasped, "Oh no, did you not behave Cali?" "Gabby, she was a perfect angel as always, just wait for Josh to come in before you jump to conclusions." Abbie sat down on the couch and then reached up towards Gabby, "Give me the baby so I can give her, her drink."

"I could have given her, her drink you know." Gabby pouted as she handed me to Abbie, I patted her arm as she was letting go of me, and she gave me a quick smile. Just then Josh came in, "Alright peeps let's get this party started!" He walked over to the other couch, and sat down, opening up what I guess was his laptop. What were peeps? And what was a party? Jordan gave a deep laugh and I flinched slightly, then turned on Abbie's lap and buried my face into her chest. Abbie bounced her leg and patted my back, "Look baby girl, I brought you some apple juice, do you want it?" I turned my face and looked at the cup she had brought in, it was a sippy cup, but I guess it wasn't that bad, I nodded my head yes. Abbie reached over and grabbed the cup and brought it over to me, "Alright, so we wanted everyone to be part of this conversation and decision." "What happened at the doctor's guys? Stop dragging it out!" I looked over at Josh and he was giving an upset look at Gabby, "The doctor suggested we breastfeed Cali, to get her weight up and to get her back to a healthy weight faster." "Thats the news? I say we go for it! Who's going to be the one though?" "That's why we wanted everyone here, we need to do research and discuss, we want what's best for Cali guys."

"Well, duh, Cali is an important member of this family now, Cali, Baby, can you look at me?" I looked over at Jordan, he smiled at me, "What do you think baby, would you like to try breastfeeding? You don't have to say yes, just because you think that's what we want, if you aren't comfortable with us yet, you can say no, Babygirl." I looked around the room and saw everyone looking at me, even Josh had looked up from his laptop, I turned so I could see Abbie's face and then reached my free hand, that wasn't holding my sippy cup, up to her boob, I laid my hand on top of her boob, I held my hand there while I was studying her reaction. She smiled at me, then started tearing up, I quickly took my hand away and looked down, was she upset? I didn't mean to upset her! "Oh Cali." She brought her arms around me and hugged me super tight, I flinched and started shaking, "Babygirl, look up at me, you're okay, I was happy, you're alright." I looked up at her, and relaxed, she was smiling at me, she must not have been mad at me.

"Does this mean you want to breastfeed baby?" I nodded my head at her slowly, I didn't want to just jump into something, but at the same time I knew it would make Abbie happy. She squealed at hugged me again. I felt my eyes widen and I stared at Josh, he started laughing. "Abbie, don't squish her!" Abbie relaxed her hold on me but kept hugging me. "Alright well I guess Abbie is going to be breastfeeding, Cali baby, are you sure you are okay with that?" I nodded my head again, why did they keep asking me? Did they want me to say no? "What about Gabby? Would you like to try with her as well?" I looked over at Gabby, then looked over at Josh, I shrugged my shoulders, "You don't know?" I nodded my head, "That's okay, you think about it, if you change your mind, you let us know, okay?" I nodded at him again. Abbie stood up, settling me on her hip, "alright it's been a long day already, I'm going to take her upstairs to have some quiet time, would you like that baby?" I looked up at her, I stuck my thumb in my mouth and nodded, I was a little overwhelmed.

Abbie smiled at me, then started walking out of the room and up the stairs, once she settled me into my room, she crouched down in front of me, "Aright baby, I think we are all going to be in the living room in case you want to come back down, or if you get lonely alright?" I nodded and then turned around to go into my tent. Once I was in my tent, I turned around and watched as Abbie smiled at me, then walked out of the room. Maybe it wasn't so bad here, Abbie and Josh were really nice, and I could tell that Gabby and Jordan were nice as well, I just didn't have that much interaction with them yet. I suddenly realized I didn't have teddies and looked over at my bed, I went running over to the bed, grabbed my teddies and gave them a big hug. I headed back to my tent and climbed in, laying down, I stared up at the tent. My last thought before the darkness came was, I can't believe I've gotten so dependent on both Abbie and Josh just in the few weeks I've known them. Maybe life isn't so bad after all.  

Happy Monday! Remember to drink some water and have a great day! 

Thank you to everyone who is still reading and liking my story, I am so grateful for all of you!