3

Liam Green-

" You're telling me this now? Why didn't you say something sooner? " I groaned, running a hand through my hair as my beta spoke.

" Wasn't a big deal " He stated simply.

" It was a huge fucking deal, Peyton. 5 rogues made it inside our fucking border " I stare at him as he looked at me like I was overreacting, his lips slightly parted and his eyebrows furrowed.

" Yes, I know they made it inside our border " He said, his tone bored.

" so why didn't you call me? " I sighed, the feeling of uneasiness slowly filling me. " and why did you call my dad and not me? " I spoke, my voice growing quieter.

Did he think that he could handle it better than me? Is that why he didn't call to tell me?

Don't overthink it Elias sighed Peyton already said he called dad because he didn't want to bother you on your day off.

I'm not overthinking it I replied I just wish I was here to protect everyone.

I know but you can't always protect everyone Elias spoke Peyton was here and he took care of it.

I blocked my communication with Elias before focusing back onto Peyton.

I was having a birthday party while someone could've died and I had no clue until today.

" We dealt with them. Plus it was your birthday " he shrugged, pulling the chair out in front of my desk and dropping his body weight on it. " You said you had to spend the day with your family and that I was supposed to take care of everything. I'm the Beta. It's my job " He chuckled softly.

" ...Did anyone get hurt? " I lowered my voice, looking up at him.

" No. No, I would've told you sooner if someone got hurt " He shook his head, stuffing his hands into his pockets.
" The rogues didn't even try anything "  he shrugged

" Do you know what they wanted? "

" I'm assuming they just didn't know they had walked into our territory because they left immediately when a guard found them "

" Ah " I nodded, taking a breath.

" ... Soo... how was your birthday? " He asked suddenly, a smile slowly appearing on his face.

" Oh ya- it was terrific " I rolled my eyes.

" I bet " he chuckled " Y'know I still don't understand why you hate your birthday " He spoke before leaning forward, slapping his hands on my desk and standing up, his back slightly arched " WE'RE DOING SOMETHING. TONIGHT. Since, y'know, I wasn't able to spend your birthday with you" He grinned as I flinched when his loud voice reached my ears.

" No " I lean back, taking a breath.

" Why not " he pouted

" Don't pout. You look like a overgrown 4 year old " I laughed

" You're so rude " he huffed.

" Thanks " I grinned

" C'mon. Let's go out. Get drunk. Come back and sleep it off. Werewolves don't stay drunk long anyway so you'll be fine tomorrow to continue your alpha duties " He tried to sound serious as he spoke, ultimately failing in the end.

" So get up. We're going out " he continued, grinning.

" Who's going to watch the pack. I can't just leave "

" I texted Alexis. We're good man "

Alexis was my Delta.

When I turned 18, everything changed.