022

She sat down on the counter a glass of cold water in her hand to try and sooth the headache that pounded against her temples. She wondered how far things went with Benny last night for him to have been sleeping so close to her. All she could remember was coming into the hotel everything after that was blurry.

"What the hell are you doing out here?" Benny said from in front of her, turns out she had completely unfocused on the world around her.

"Uh- thirsty," she replied holding up a cup of cold water to him.

"Well, will you come back to bed?" He asked walking closer to her.

"No I- when are we going home?"

"Two days why?"

"I don't trust Alice with the business, you know what? I'll see you at home because I really do have to go,"

"Wait, what?" He asked slowly. She stood up and went to start packing her things before Benny grabbed onto her wrist spinning her around to see him.

"I have to go, Benny," she explained.

"How many drugs were you on last night?" He said, sounding out each word staring at her.

"...none," she lied.

"Jen," he said stepping away.

"Look I'm sorry all right?" She began before Benny interrupted her.

"No, no it's not all right, what the hell is wrong with you Jennifer?"

"You don't know what it was like okay? You would never-"

"It's been a year, you said things would get better and they haven't, have they? I was patient for months, I gave you the time you said you needed,"

"Benny you do not get to sit here and tell me how I feel okay? You have no idea what it was like," she paused for a second before lower her voice. "You don't get it,"

"How much longer do you need?" He said, staring daggers into her eyes.

"Too long for you to wait,"

"What?"

"I think I should leave,"

"Now wait, Jennifer-"

"Stop!" She snapped "Stop, okay? Let it end. It's been on its way to end for months. Just let it,"

"What? Jennifer your not making any sense,"

"We don't work anymore, we barley did it the first place,"

"Jennifer, slow down. Last night you were high and drunk and now your breaking up with me. Your not thinking straight,"

"Benny-"

"You know what this is what happened before. You got high did things you regret then you take things out on me. Think about what your doing for once,"

"Do you not get it? We will never change. This is it. We will just repeat ourselves over and over until somebody finally looses," they're was a silence between the two. She was right, everything that happened has happened before. Nothing will ever change, nothing will ever be new or different. Because together they were the same, maybe they had something they would never find again. Maybe that was a good thing.

So, that was it. Jennifer packed her things and booked the next flight back to New York. Went back to her business and house. Benny lost his tournament that day and came back early, he disappeared mostly from the outside world.