Chapter 236 : Internal Commission

As Klein’s knowledge of mysticism and Beyonders deepened, as well as his experiments with some of the powers of the space above the gray fog, he no longer felt anxious when facing Justice, The Hanged Man, and The Sun. He became less preoccupied with maintaining an enigmatic and unfathomable image so as to prevent the Tarot Club members from keenly noticing his facade.

He now knew that although the deities in this world were powerful and bizarre, they were by no means omniscient and omnipotent. This description was something that only the legendary Creator of everything could do, one that only the City of Silver was still worshiping.

The deities had their limitations, and the deities could also be put into tough situations. That was something Klein could now confirm. Be it The Book of Storms or The Revelation of Evernight, they more or less touched upon this.

Therefore, at the recent Tarot Gathering, Klein was consciously building “character traits,” slowly shaping himself into a restricted powerhouse who, for some reason, couldn’t move freely but was almost a deity.

This way, even if he occasionally showed that he didn’t understand certain things and occasionally asked for help, it wouldn’t arouse the suspicion of the Tarot Club members.

Of course, the premise of all this was that, through his previous attempts and through the power displayed by his “adorer,” Azik, he had undoubtedly embedded the image of a deity-like existence into the minds of Justice, The Hanged Man, and The Sun.

Phew, I hope that this building of character traits will succeed. That way, I won’t have to worry about not being able to answer their questions in the future... Of course, things that are part of “general knowledge” still have to be known, and I shouldn’t show fear... Klein tapped the edge of the ancient table and said with a chuckle, “I want to issue a mission.”

Mission? Audrey’s ears pricked up slightly as her eyes widened. She was astonished, expectant, and perturbed at the same time.

She clearly remembered that this was the first time that Mr. Fool had officially issued a mission!

Although “He” had previously made a few requests, they all involved prepaid rewards. It seemed like “He” had randomly selected missions to conform to the principle of equal exchange... This time, He used the word “issue”... As a Telepathist, Audrey was already very good at reading the hidden meanings behind words.

At the same time, she keenly realized that although The Hanged Man appeared to remain unperturbed, he was actually abnormally tense. As for The Sun, he seemed to be muddle-headed, treating this as a very normal thing.

“You can choose to accept it or not.” With the help of his Clown’s powers, Klein’s tone sounded much more relaxed. “Another adorer of mine has arrived in Backlund. He wants to finish a matter, but it’s not convenient for him to show himself.”

Another adorer... The Hanged Man nodded, seemingly in thought. He wasn’t surprised at all.

In his eyes, for a powerful godlike existence like Mr. Fool, possessing many adorers was a matter of fact.

I wonder what the Sequence number of Mr. Fool’s adorer is... Well, I still owe “His” previous adorer a reward... Even though Mr. Fool’s reward was paid by Mr. Hanged Man, and “He” doesn’t really care about money, I did pray for help at that time. Furthermore, Rear Admiral Hurricane was killed by that adorer...”His” adorer would still need some funds for their activities... Audrey thought with some guilt.

Frankly speaking, thirty thousand gold pounds and a large plantation was an enormous amount of wealth to her, but that alone didn’t have any significant effect on her life.