Chapter 2.

Thomas didn't wince as he wrapped a small bandage around the gouges in his arm; this had been happening for the past 6 months so he was pretty immune to it now. He'd spun a lie to his friends and parents about how he had this skin condition that had to be covered at all times, which nobody had questioned. He was amazed it had worked if he was honest with himself.

He threw on a blue plaid shirt then pulled a grey jumper over it, teaming with a pair of blue fitted jeans for today's outfit. His mousy blonde touseled hair, naturally a neat mess, needed a simple ruffle with his long fingers.

He was a handsome guy, in a nerdy way. None of the popular girls at school were into him, typically, cause they were into the jocks and bad boys (that part was also right in the movies) but that wasn't to say that he didn't get enough attention off the other girls. In fact, he got more than enough. It was just a shame that he didn't reciprocate their interest; he'd earned himself the nickname 'heartbreaker boy'.

He placed his books into his bag, which he proceeded to throw over his shoulder and made his way downstairs for breakfast.

"Morning Mom, morning Dad", he smiled as he sat down at his designated seat at the table, placing his bag on the floor by his feet. The usual Sangton routine: his Father, reading the newspaper in his white shirt, black tie and trousers while his Mother cooked pancakes and bacon for breakfast with a pitcher of fresh orange juice in the middle.

Thomas helped himself to a glass, watching as his Mom flitted back and forth from the table, making sure her boys were waited on hand and foot. Before taking her own seat, she kissed Thomas on the top of the head, earning herself a cheeky grin from her only son.

"What classes have you got today?" she asked as his Father placed his paper to the side, also taking an interest in the subject of his son's academic life.

They were an attractive looking family. His Mother with her long jet black hair looked a decade younger than her 36 years, slight make-up complimenting her facial features. Her slender figure was emphasised by the tight little pencil skirt and white blouse she wore for her job as a secretary at a local law firm. Thomas' friends always teased him about how gorgeous she was. Truth be told, she'd done a little modelling in her youth.

His Father, a little older, which wasn't obvious, had mousy brown hair; a shade darker than Thomas' with grey scattered through it subtly. He'd aged well for a 40 year old man, barely any wrinkles on his fair skin. There was no surprise there was still so much passion between his parents.

That's what he loved the most about them. Most teenagers came from a broken family, but his was still very much intact. That was shown by the amount of love and affection that was poured out between the three of them over breakfast every morning.

"I have Photography, Biology, Psychology and English today", Thomas muttered through a mouthful of pancakes and syrup, covering his mouth so as not to come across as rude mannered. His Father smiled broadly, blatantly proud of his son. His Mother nodded in approval.

"Sounds great to me, Son. You'll be a proper Einstein one day", William nudged his pride and joy, exposing his shiny, pearly white teeth. Laurie smiled at her boys. Scrambling to finish his breakfast, Thomas placed his plate and cutlery neatly in the sink before picking his bag up and wishing his parents a great day.

Sliding his feet into his black and white battered converse and making his way out of the front door, he strolled down the street to where the rest of his friends were packing onto the school bus, his friends cheering as they set eyes on him. He earned himself a little hair ruffle from Elliot, a dig in the arm from Paul and a slight nod from Sam. His social and home life were what some would say perfect, and if it wasn't for the scars on Thomas' arms, he would probably agree.