Characters from the Code Breaker

This chapter is all about Characters from the second book in the Fragments of Alchemy series. Just to be safe, I would wait to check out this chapter until you have finished the Code Keeper and you're reading the second book, as there are some spoilers for the first book below! Also, as you read the book, you will find clues to help you form theories about who can be trusted. It's possible people might leave comments about this, so you may want to avoid reading the comments on this chapter until after you complete the book.

Main Characters

Chadwick: The main character, Chadwick MacNamara is a new Chandler at Blackthorn and Burtree, who just received his Protégé Thea Presten. He is a Spectrum Scholar at Blackthorn, which means he is studying all seven Fragments at once.

Thea Presten: Thea is Chadwick's Protégé. Thea is also a Spectrum Scholar. She has an illegal Chimaera named C.C., who is a noctos, half horse, half owl.

Tajana Pomoći: Tajana is Chadwick's Mentor. She is also a Spectrum Scholar. Tajana has a caprequos Chimaera named Dušan, who is part horse, part gazelle.

Stella: Chadwick's and Tajana's Chimaera. She is a pacerta, a lizard moth Chimaera, with yellow comet moth wings, a lizard body, and fluffy yellow moth hair covering her scales.

The Magisters

There are seven Magisters of Blackthorn and Burtree. You may gather clues while you read to determine which Magisters are loyal to the Keeper and which have defected to the Shadow Faction.

Aurora Boreas: The Magister of the Amaranthine Fragment. She wears purple robes, signifying that she is of the highest Fragment, and therefore, the leader of the Magisters. She has a pactua who was part owl part leopard.

Gregorio Giovanni: The Magister of the Cerulean Fragment. He wears indigo robes and has a lagonidae who was half cockatiel, half lizard.

Kalma Hollunder: The Magister of the Viridian Fragment. She is a grandmotherly figure in green robes, with a noctigris Chimaera that is part tiger, part owl.

Gelsey Gold: The Magister of the Effervescent Fragment. She wears orange robes with a plethora of jewelry. She has a pacerta Chimaera that is half butterfly, half chameleon.

Eostar Finrod: The Magister of the Aurulent Fragment. He wears yellow robes and has a Chimaera that is half black panther half bat.

Thomas Alder: The Magister of the Azure Fragment. He is the father of Todd Alder, who perished in the first book of the Fragments of Alchemy series. The Magister has the same white-blond hair and blue eyes as his deceased son, and he has a rat rabbit Chimaera.

Sora Soma: The Magister of the Cardinal Fragment. She is an Asian lady who wears red robes. Her Chimaera is a secret, as it always remains hidden.

Minor Characters

Broderick and Lilliana MacNamara: Chadwick's parents. They work for the Keeper and leave the halls when the Magisters remove the Keeper from Blackthorn.

Fiona Presten: Thea's mother. She is an Anima working for the Keeper.

Owen Presten: Thea's father. He is trapped in an Eternity Prison by the Code Breaker. Thea and Chadwick's future Joint Trial is to rescue him.

Kazuo Miyamoto: Chadwick's godfather. He is an Elemental Sparring master who trains Chemists in Aikido.

Charlie O'Connor: Chadwick's best friend. He is a Virtuoso, the highest level Chemist, studying the Cerulean Fragment. He has a volucerta (dragonfly lizard) Chimaera named Drake.

Gregory Dods: A Chemist who gives Chadwick the not-so-friendly nickname B.B., short for Breaker's Boy. He's a bully who shares a few lessons with Chadwick.

Alchemy Tutors

Maleficus Brahman: A tutor of the Cardinal Fragment. She assigns Thea the task of liquifying, evaporating, condensing, and solidifying a Focus.

Veneficus Bosemonn: A tutor of the Cardinal Fragment.  He teaches Chadwick about the Giver Brigid of Kildare. He refuses to teach Chadwick his Alchemy lesson after they have an argument.

Maleficus Grey: A tutor of the Effervescent Fragment. She teaches Chadwick and Thea about the Augmentation and Reduction Conversions.

Veneficus Drummond: A tutor of the Effervescent Fragment. He teaches Chadwick the Transmutation Fortification to create a shield for Stella. Drummond is Chadwick's favourite tutor.

Maleficus Sativarg: A tutor of the Aurulent Fragment. He teaches Chadwick and Thea the Transmission Conversion. They use the Conversion to race their boulders and destroy the ceiling of the Aurulent Rotunda. The tutor insists that everyone call him Ser Sativarg.

Veneficus Vandread: A tutor of the Aurulent Fragment. She teaches Chadwick the Transversion Conversion. When attempting this Conversion, Stella steals nearly all of Chadwick's Energy and almost kills him.

Praecantor Sharma: A tutor of the Cerulean Fragment. He helps Thea learn her Alchemical Elemental Affinity.

Praecantor Pots: A tutor of the Cerulean Fragment. She teaches a lesson about the first sect of Alchemists. 

Gurus

The following is the list of Gurus Chadwick asks his parents to investigate, with the few details they manage to learn about them. You may make inferences about which Gurus can be trusted to treat Thea's Kundalini Syndrome.

Guru Olwyn Lugh: The head Guru.

Guru Ellhorn: Thea's original Guru, who seems to have left Blackthorn and Burtree, though the Keeper kept Ellhorn on Thea's schedule.

Guru Amorgen: A Guru loyal to the head Guru.

Guru Dagon: A Guru loyal to the head Guru.

Guru Ambika: A Guru who is loyal to the Keeper and will follow the Keeper's rules implicitly. 

Guru Hanuman: A Guru who is loyal to the Keeper and will follow the Keeper's rules implicitly. 

Guru Viruna: A Guru who is loyal to the Giver.

Guru Herschel: A Guru who is loyal to the Giver.

Guru Winston: A Guru who may have a grudge against the Keeper. 

Guru Sesha: A Guru who is possibly in line with the Breaker, according to several different sources. 

Guru Amathaon: A Guru that Chadwick's parents fail to learn anything about. 

Thank you for taking an interest in this chapter of my appendix

Thank you for taking an interest in this chapter of my appendix. Feel free to leave comments on your inferences and predictions. I just ask that you don't read other people's comments and tell them if they are right or wrong. Let's keep this fun! Happy theory crafting!

~A.C.