Chapter Twenty Five - Bonds

Chapter Twenty Five-Bonds

I wondered if Celadine actually wanted a Coke, as I strolled down the dark hallway filled with old paintings and vases big enough for me to crawl inside. I mean, I hadn't actually ever seen either one of them eat or drink anything besides caffeine.

Just then, something came from the shadows and grabbed me. I was about to scream, but found I couldn't part my lips because they were entangled in someone else's. The familiarity of his soft mouth and iron grip made me melt. I moulded myself to his body as he held me as close to him as he could. It was almost as if we welded together right there in the dark hallway.

But my moment came to a stop when Jack suddenly took a hold of my shoulders and pushed himself away enough to look at my face. His eyes remained closed though, like he was collecting himself.

"Hello," he simply said as he opened his brilliant blue eyes.

I smiled blissfully.

"Hi."

"Where were you off to?" he asked.

We were having a regular conversation while still entangled in each other. Jack leaned against the wall, my body pressed against him as his hands wove through my hair.

"The kitchen," I replied. "That is, if you have one," I teased.

"Of course we do. What kind of a house wouldn't have a kitchen?"

"Do you use it?"

He gave me a coy grin and put his forehead to mine as he looked in my eyes. "Yes. Would you like to see it?"

"Maybe some other time," I suggested. "I know another room that I'd rather see right now." I gave him the best bedroom eyes that I could, which I'm sure were ridiculous. But he didn't seem to care. Within seconds, Jack whipped me up into his arms and we disappeared to his room.

I was in his arms, my legs wrapped tightly around his waist as he burst through his bedroom door. Our bodies crashed onto the large leather sofa as we both scrambled to remove our clothing. Jacks glorious chest glowed in the moonlight that shone through the windows. I felt a little self-conscious; surely I didn't look as good as he did shirtless. But something about my bare chest obviously sparked an interest as he let a low and deep moan erupt from his throat. He then kissed me harder, held me tighter, seeming to want more. But, once again, I cowardly declined.

I withdrew my tender lips from his and opened my eyes. I didn't have to say anything this time. He sighed and sat back on the sofa.

I bit my bottom lip. "I'm sorry."

Jack rolled his eyes. "Avery, please, do not be sorry for that. I am the one who is should be apologizing again."