25 ━ EPILOGUE

DEMONS.
( chapter twenty-five. )

Edited 12/26/2015 @3:14 PMEdited 07/27/2016 @12:39 AMEdited 11/30/2017 @10:41 PM

Edited 07/27/2016 @12:39 AM
Edited 11/30/2017 @10:41 PM

  ANDREA LAY ON HER BACK, her breathing steady as she slowly came to consciousness.

  She could hear soft jazz music playing and the sound a heart monitor beeping noisily at her side. Her eyes blinked open slowly and, once they had fully opened, she took to studying the sterile white room she was in. She turned her head to find both Steve and Sam flanking the sides of her bed and she closed her eyes once more, relaxing with a smile adorning her lips.

  "On your right." She whispered before she fell unconscious once more.

  After the doctors were informed of Andrea's first sign of life, the two men were sent out to the waiting room where Sam left and Steve stayed. His hands were folded in his lap and he stared blankly at the floor, right leg bouncing in anxiousness. Natasha Romanoff watched from afar, a small smile on her face.

  She studied him for a few more moments before finally making her way towards the Super Soldier. At the sound of her footsteps, Steve lifted his head and he shot the redhead a meek smile in response.

  "Doctors say her brain activity has risen and that she's only sleeping now. She can be released within the next week." Natasha informed him, the words soft and gentle. Though, the Romanoff woman's only reply was a nod from the blond. His actions drew out a sigh of defeat as she Natasha down in the chair beside him, figuring that it was gonna take a lot more than that to cheer the man up.

  So, she sat, and she waited; just like everyone else had been for the past three weeks.

  After the doctors had left Andy's room, a dark figure stepped in. His eyes were narrowed on the brunette's face as he analyzed her sleeping form. When he was sure that she wouldn't wake, he finally stepped forwards. As he headed towards the bed, his hands twitched in anticipation before he slowly reached into his jacket pocket, grabbing onto his desired object.

  His gaze never left the girl's face as he pulled out the syringe filled with a bright, sapphire substance. He grabbed her arm, tensing up as she made a small movement in the midst of her calm state. But, the girl eased back into her sleep, causing the man to sigh in relief. Her peace wouldn't last for much longer, though.

  With a deep breath the man quickly jabbed the needle into the girl's vein, pushing on the pump and letting the substance enter Andrea's bloodstream. He pulled the needle back out once it was drained, covering the sharp tip with a cap before sticking it back in his pocket. He stood there for a few more moments afterwards.

  Watching, waiting.

  Then, with a gasp, Andrea rose, eyes shining a vibrant, in-human blue.