Chapter 9 - Aurora's POV

I feel Danika's urgency to take control of the situation and fight to keep her presence in the back of my mind. I stare into Adrian's wide baby blue's and sigh, "I'm a hybrid." I say quietly.

"I mean, yeah, we figured that out. We thought you were a witch-human hybrid, but definitely not a pure one, considering the last time I saw you; both of your eyes were brown. We thought you were mostly human." His features are composed, but I can see the gleam of curiosity in his eyes.

I knew they were suspicious, but I didn't think they actually had a theory. "How'd you figure it out?"

"You snapped the neck of a man twice your size." He retorts.

Hm, True. "In my defense, I went into a blind rage and couldn't stop myself." I reply, walking to the desk and laying down the tray of breakfast – this time a variety of pastries and four slices of bacon. I take the glass of glistening juice in my hand and walk over to the window.

I haven't actually looked outside yet, and the view takes my breath away for a moment. Dema City lies before me; elegant and oozing in luxury, it spreads into the far reaches of the grand valley, surrounded by snow-capped mountains. I stare at the stunning view, watching as the sun shimmers on the snow-covered city. It's truly a beautiful place.

I turn back to face Adrian who is still standing in the middle of the room, arms crossed and looking at me curiously.

"How did you do it?" he asks, sounding completely amazed.

"Do what?" I question, wondering what he means.

"Snap his neck like it was a twig." He takes a step towards me. "You didn't struggle or hesitate, and you didn't use magic. A seventeen-year-old human girl wouldn't have been able to do that so easily, even if she is half witch."

"Eighteen now, technically" I chuckle and he only raises a brow in question. Can he still not tell I'm a werewolf even though she's come forward? "Danika, why can't he sense you?" I ask her, surprised that Adrian still thinks I'm half human.

"Because I don't want him to," she growls at me, and I can tell she's growing impatient.

Adrian takes another step closer to me, his gaze studying my face and taking in my eyes up close. His mouth opens slightly, and his pupils dilate in wonder.

"Blood. How is your element blood? That's rarer than a void affinity. No. That's fucking unheard of." He gawks at me for a moment before firing off more questions. "So, you're a pure hybrid..." he gestures to my eyes, "obviously. You're a blood witch, who's also half human? But humans hardly ever produce pure hybrids. Who are your parents? How did you end up in prison?... And why do you look so different?"

"Oh my goddess, please stop. I'll tell you everything, just promise to help me."

"Help you...?" he stares at me questioningly for a minute before it clicks, "You want my help getting out of here."

I nod, gazing at him pleadingly.

He pulls out my desk chair and straddles it, looking at me expectantly. "You tell me who you are and why you were in those dungeons, and I promise to do what I can to help you." He offers sincerely.

I guess that's fair, though I've never revealed who I am to anyone before. I take a deep breath and prepare myself to tell the story for the very first time, "About twenty years ago, there was a war between a witch coven and the werewolf kingdom," I begin, but Adrian interrupts.

"I remember. That was the Spirit Lake Coven. The Coven Mother at the time, Alexstera Hale, was obsessed with taking the Crescent Kingdom from King Lothar. Samael even sent extra soldiers to Crescent City, where most of Alexstera's attacks were directed."