twenty two

TWENTY-TWO!in real life

TWENTY-TWO!
in real life.

Valentine had a love-hate relationship with parties especially hosting them. While it wasn't really discussed in the group it was clear that Val had more money than everyone she always had the better house and felt the need to host everything, plus she was people pleaser. She enjoyed parties and thought they were fun but something always ends up ruining her mood whether it was things like too many people in her house, hearing others complain, or she was just tired of hosting and her social battery would run out for the night maybe carrying on to the next day.

   Tonight was a little different though. It was her best friend's birthday and she was gonna make it the best one yet. She told herself she was gonna have a great time and forget about everything and just celebrate her best friend. That was a little hard though when her ex-boyfriend was here and had been staring at her all night on the other side of the kitchen or maybe it was hard because she'd lied to her kinda sort of new situationship nate about her plans tonight or maybe just maybe the fact that she wanted to talk to Chris. She told herself if she wants to forget about Chris she needed to get drunk and let loose.

So that's what she did, not just her, but Isabel as well. Alex and Meg were on babysitting duty but got caught up with each other and lost the two girls. Madi finally met up with her friends after being the center of attention for the past hour she needed a second to recharge.

"Are you having fun?!" Val looked at the girl with a sour face, she just took her 4th shot. "YES! THIS IS THE BEST BIRTHDAY VAL!" The brunette shouted before grabbing the bottle of vodka that was on the counter and pouring it into three shot glasses again.

"Guys take a shot with me?!"

"Yes! However many you want it's your day."

The three girls clinked their cups together before downing the liquid. Madi and Valentine put their glass down and then cheered by throwing their hands up in the air and giggling uncontrollably. Isabel looked at her friends and then burst into laughter she almost choked on the last shot.

Valentine opened the box of Smirnoff ice lemonades and grabbed one. She popped the cap open with her teeth she didn't feel like looking for a bottle opener at the party who knows where it would be by now and took a couple of sips.

She saw that Isabel and Madi were having some type of conversation with a group of guys but she wasn't listening. Instead, she heard some voices coming into the kitchen that automatically got her attention.

"Oh god, we get it, Chris."

Valentine noticed the voice and whipped her head around to see Nick making his way to the kitchen with the rest of their friends. She wasn't paying attention and didn't realize that Nick was talking to Chris. Matt was the first person the girls in the kitchen he recognized Isabel right away but he kept to himself. To make matters worse, there was a group of guys now surrounding them plus Val was right by her side making him roll his eyes because he would see the Chris and Val show happening in this kitchen making him lose his opportunity to talk to Isabel.