The Challenge

Hey, SmackDowners of the orange Wattpad world!

It's here! 

flashfic and Ooorah join forces with Layeththesmackdown to bring you the first Multigenre Mashup Flash Fiction SmackDown.

For those who never joined a smack down and wonder how this works:

🔨  A SmackDown is a flash fiction contest over several rounds

🔨 Each round, the stories are judged by an anonymous judging team 

🔨 Each round, part of the writers will be eliminated from the contest

🔨 Writing is prompt based — participants get assigned one or several prompts each round that must be integrated into their short story

🔨 The last remaining writer will be declared the winner, will earn the all important bragging rights, a weird sticker for their cover, and the illustrious title of SmackDown Champion.

Interested? Why not give it a try? 

You have one month to signal your interest by submitting a qualifying story. The qualifying stories won't be judged — but they are your free ticket into a world of fun, exciting, and ruthless flash fiction writing alongside an illustrious writer's community.

Your qualifying entry must be between 300 and 600 words long, be written in English, and be inspired by the concept of flat earth.

And because this is The Multigenre SmackDown™️, you're absolutely free to pick the genre you want to write in for the qualifier.

Publish your story on your Wattpad profile, share the link to your entry in the comments to this chapter, and fill this submission form. If you're serious about joining this SmackDown, we suggest you create a new SmackDown anthology on your profile. We will feature all the participants' anthologies on a special reading list.

The Ooorah team offers their favourite qualifiers a spot in the upcoming issue of their Wattpad e-zine Tevun Krus.

Submission closes Friday, June 30th 2023.

If you have questions, please ask in the comments.

See you soon!