Issue 2 - Punch and Judy

I stood outside my bedroom, the door slightly cranked open, allowing me a line of sight on the girl I found last night. I couldn't stop tapping my foot, unsure what to do. So many ideas were blasting through my head, but one thing was for certain above all else.

Don't tell Uncle Ben.

Speaking of, I quickly closed the door as Ben came up, giving me a strange look. "Good Morning, sport, say. What are you doing?"

"Oh, Morning Ben... Don't worry about me. I'm just going to the loo."

"Well, in case you forgot, it's down the hall. Or are you planning on wetting yourself?"

"I'm waiting for the right moment, that's all. Any moment."

"We are talking about the same thing here. No matter, I just need to check if I left my phone in your room."

Panicking, I held my hands up, laughing. "Whoa, ho, whoa! Not so fast; your phone isn't in there. No need to check."

Uncle Ben began to look annoyed, shaking his head. "What's going on, Y/N? This isn't funny anymore; what are you hiding in there?"

"Hiding? I'm not hiding anything. No sir." I argue, trying to stop the door from opening. "It's just... I'm working on your birthday present! It's a small project, and it's nowhere near done!"

"Y/N, my birthday isn't for another six months."

Squinting my eyes, I nodded along, trying to play it off. "It's very early in development."

Sighing, Ben began walking down the stairs. "You know I can never understand what's going through that head of yours half the time. I need to get to work. Can I trust you to behave for once?"

I placed a hand on my chest and met him at the top of the stairs. "I promise, Uncle Ben, there's no funny business here. Definitely no Spider-Women from another dimension hiding here." 

Ben began wagging his finger, chuckling to himself. "You take just after your father, you do. I'll see you at lunchtime. It's garbage day tomorrow, so please leave the bins out for me!"

"Rodger, Rodger..." I whisper with a salute. Then, knowing Uncle Ben was gone, I slowly approached my bedroom. Then, with a sigh of relief, I returned to the situation at hand only to find the bed where the Spider-Woman was resting gone. "Oh no."

Looking around, I found my window wide open; peaking outside, I was left dumbfounded. Maybe she left?

Maybe not.

Ducking under an ambush, I slid across the floor, webbing my chair and flinging it back—the girl from before flipped over it, webbing me to the wall. Struggling to escape, I was left hanging. "So that's how it feels like."

The girl flung next to me, standing on the wall, staring me down. "Are you with the Spider-Society?"

"The whaty what?" 

"Are you working for Miguel O'Hara?"

"Is that some Mexican wrestler?"

The girl's eyes widened as she backed away, ripping the webs off me. "He hasn't reached your dimension yet. You should consider yourself pretty lucky."

Coughing, I plugged my life support machine back up, chuckling to myself. "Don't feel pretty lucky. So what's your story then, Spider-Woman? On the run from an evil organisation throughout the Multi-Verse, leading you to end up on my doorstep."

The girl paused, taken back. "Yeah, that about sums it up. How'd you know?"

"Lucky guess? So, who are you?"