Chapter 37. Forgiveness

Aiden had a really peaceful sleep, she did get unease a few times but I managed to keep her sleeping. Eliza stayed for a few hours but left saying she has something to do. I stayed with her the whole day as she slept, her pacifier eventually fell off so I put it on the side table.

She woke up in the evening being far more energetic than she was in the evening. She insisted on completing the movie so I turned it on for her. When She got engrossed in watching the movie, I went to ask the maids to cook something for her to eat.

As I entered the Kitchen, I spotted Eliza there, cooking something. "What are you doing?" She looked up at me and replied. "I am cooking for Aiden, I am also done, you should go and wake her up, it is already five,"

"Yeah, she is awake," I informed. "Great, I'll bring this to her room then," She said as she grabbed a plate and transferred the cheese puffs onto it. "These are her favorite," I pointed out while I poured the juice into a glass.

"Yeah, I know, Kristen told me," She stated with a smile.

We carried it up to her room, I saw her fiddling with the pacifier while the movie was playing. "Hey, pup, look what Eliza made for you," I chirped. She threw the pacifier away and turned her head, a small grin appeared on her lips. "Chee' fuf's!" She said holding her hand out for them.

"Aww," I went and kissed her lip. Eliza got closer, picked a piece, and held it up for Aiden to take a bite. "Aiden!" We turned our heads around and saw Harper.

Aiden grabbed the plate from her hand and held it protectively. "Mine!" Aiden spat. Eliza ran a hand through her hair and said "All yours, pumpkin,"

Harper ran and jumped onto the bed. "I dun want, I want to play," She said with her hands on her hips.

Aiden took a bite of the puff and shook her head. Harper pouted. "Pwease," Aiden pouted back. "No p'ay,"

We had promised Harper we would convince Aiden to play with her so it was our responsibility to convince her so I said "Baby girl, how about you both play and then..." I trailed off trying to think of something to bribe her with so she could agree.

"Then, We'll let you buy as many toys as you want," Eliza completed. She squeezed her lips and said "p'omish?"

Eliza hummed and Harper jumped on top of Aiden. "Yayyyy!" She squealed making Aiden groan as she try to push her off.

"Ruby, Eliza..." We turned around heads and saw Kristen standing in the doorway. "Can you come out for a while? I need to talk to you both," I nodded and we walked out of the room and shut the door as Harper grabbed some of Aiden's toys placed in the corner.

Kristen lead us to her room and closed the doors. I sat on a couch and Eliza on my right while Kristen took the chair in front of us. We waited for her to say something.

It was a lingering minute of silence before she started. "Our pack wants Aiden to announce death penalty for Claire and Angel and...I want you guys to....convince Aiden to..." She looked at us with unsurety.

"To what?" I questioned. "To....forgive Angel," Eliza got on her feet. "That is not going to happen-" Kristen interrupted her. "I know what Angel did was unacceptable but she is my daughter,"

"She is the alpha, she is the victim, it should be her decision, we don't even know if Aiden wants them dead and we won't try to manipulate her into forgiving Angel," Eliza stated.

"Angel is your daughter so is Aiden, it would be unfair to ask Aiden to do that," I added.

"Aiden is hot-headed, she won't hesitate giving Angel a death penalty when suggested, I just want you to make her understand that she shouldn't let her anger cloud her decision," Kristen explained.

"I am not saying Angel doesn't deserve to be punished for what she did to Aiden but Death penalty would be extreme," She further explained. I bit my lips and Eliza said "We can't do that, that has got to be her sole decision,"

She nodded in understanding and said, "I can't force you to...." Eliza sighed and said. "I'll go check up on the girls,"

I was left there alone with Kristen. "Before Aiden left, they fought a lot, Angel used to make fun of her 24/7 which would end Aiden in a bad temper and a fight would unleash between the two, I thought Angel was just being playful and Aiden was being Aiden," She let out a chuckle.

"No matter how much they fought, they were there for each other...always, Angel was the first person Aiden would go to when she did something that would get her in trouble, Angel would take the blame or fight whoever is troubling her, Never imagined one day Angel would try to kill Aiden," She sniffed up.

I passed her a tissue box. "Thanks," She mumbled. I went and knelt beside her and held her hand. "I know this must be hard for you, but we can't do anything, that would be unfair to Aiden,"

"I know, it hurts tho, watching my kids act like that, ones tried to kill the other and the other doesn't even care that her sister did that," She expressed, trying to fight back the tears.

My heart ached for her. No matter how bad Angel is, at the end of the day, she is Kristen's daughter. It makes sense why she is feeling that day. "I will try," I announced.

Her eyes lit up but she declined. "You don't have to if you don't want to-"

"Trust me, I want to and I will try my best to convince Aiden," 

I left her room and went to ours where Aiden was playing with Legos with Harper while Eliza watched over them. I shifted and sat beside Eliza, deciding to talk about this to Eliza before Aiden. "I think we should talk to Aiden about Angel,"

She averted her gaze at me, amusedly but declared "If that is what you want, you can, I won't stop you but I won't help either,"

"Okay..." I said. I did not want to argue with Eliza so I accepted what she suggested. Even though Aiden was hella annoyed with Harper's presence, she seemed to enjoy playing. She was basically playing by herself, glaring or pushing Harper's hand when she tried to help the inexperienced one.

Harper was happy just by having someone around to play with, she didn't care if the person interacted so little. They continued playing for a while until Aiden announced "Liza, 'ire," she stretched her arms out in front of Eliza.

Eliza her up onto her lap and Harper started picking up the Legos to keep them in the corner. "We will do it, sweetie," She nodded and stood up, and wrapped her arms around Aiden, kissing her cheek.

Aiden groaned and pushed her away. "I'll come soon, we'll play," Aiden scowled and wiped her cheek. "Bye, Bye," She waved at us and left the room. I grabbed the empty plate and the untouched juice and took them down to the kitchen.

I will have to talk to Aiden tonight, I need to convince Aiden before her pack tries to talk her into giving Angel a death penalty.  I returned to the room and sat down. Aiden was playing with the zipper of Eliza's Jacket.

"Aiden," She hummed in response. I started thinking about how I should start the conversation without getting her annoyed. In the end, I went with the most suitable one. "Do you like Angel?"

She shook her head, not bothered by it, a good start. "Why?" I interrogated. She frowned and said "She iz bad, wery bad"

"Because she tried to kill you?" She nodded. I hummed and got closer. "Before that, did you like her?"

She went into deep thought before responding nonchalantly. "Lil," Eliza listened to us but didn't contribute. "Would you want her dead," She clicked her tongue in disapproval.

"She is in her headspace, now is not the best time to talk about that," Eliza said and she was right, I will have to wait till she slips out then.