The warmth of a lover

AN:

This chapter is not smut, (sorry my lovely hornier fans<3) it's more like instead of me going to therapy and getting help.<3
This is for all of you hurt lovelies that just need the affirmation of a loved one. Enjoy.

------------------------------------------------------------

It was mid June, the strangest time of year in your opinion.
The sun only just started getting warmer, and you felt estranged with the sudden burst of life in your surroundings.

There was nothing to be sad about, but yet here you were, not even really being able to put a finger on the emotions you were experiencing.

You needed to get out, to get a break, to be free before you silently imploded with your own anger.

But where were you to go?

Steve?

No, he was on a date with this plastic bitch with immense amounts of product in her hair.

Eddie?

Yeah, Eddie is always free to hang out or have fun together, you could always rely on him to be there.

Also he was the best boyfriend you could ever ask for.

You put your newly painted and patched battlevest on before heading out of your trailer without even alerting your family.

Honestly family was the last thing you needed in this moment, they tend to make things worse.

Outside was the fresh smell of pine, and the evening clouds were gathering for their last rainy crusade of the day.

Just across the road you could see Eddie parked in his van, the trunk open, practicing on his guitar.

You approached him with a somberness even he found concerning, able to tell you needed his comfort.

He just pulled you in for a tight hug, asking nothing of you, somehow knowing just what you were there for.

"Lover..." He said breaking his always goofy and fun facade.

"Let's go inside and make you some tea." He followed, kissing your now damp hair from the evening rain.

"Yeah." Was all you could think of to say in the moment, but truly you didn't need to say anything else.

You went inside holding Eddie's calloused hands, not straying too far behind, because you didn't want to dissapear in your own agony.

Now the rain really showed it's might.

He put the kettle on the stove, and pulled out cups.

"Eddie?" You say on the brink of tears.

"Yes my love?" He said diverting all of his attention to you.

"Do you mind if we just lie down, and i don't know, listen to the rain for a bit." You muttered carefully.

"No I don't, not ever." He smiled gracefully as always, and took the kettle off the stove again.

Hand in hand, you walked the small distance from the kitchen to his room, knowing you in the next hours only had him on your mind.

He went to kiss his guitar, before taking
off his jacket, as you did the same.

He laid down on his bed, making little space for you to lie on, so you just flat on laid on top of him.

Melting into all of his being, while he embraced you tightly.

"I love you, and I'm always here love." He whispered closely, kissing my neck.

"I know, I love you." You said with the most genuine tone, because it was true.

"Listen to the rain sweet baby." He said, directing your head towards his window.

You could hear the powerful streaks of water hit the grass outside, somehow the sound of heavy rain and your lovers calm breathing made your troubles seem smaller.

You could smell the fragrant summerain trough his walls, and you could smell his cologne.

"Shh, you are here with me. Nothing can harm you." Eddies sweet voice serenaded in your ears.

You started to silently cry.

Knowing you were safe broke the last bit of the facade you had build up throughout the day.

There wasn't a better place you could think of being.

Not then,
Not there,
Not ever.
------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this one was a bit depressing, I hope you got as much comfort from reading this, as I got from writing it!

*This was written at 2 am, it is currently 3.14 am.*

707 Words.

All best wishes,
Author out.