My hair is not orange

He would live, right?

Despite him saying that he would, Yasmin stayed up all night thinking, what if Cosmo really has rabies? And so she sat there and watched her cat sleep, imagining if it would start showing signs of infection.

She knew Cosmo probably didn't because he was clean and mostly indoors, but of course, there were days like yesterday when he slipped out of the apartment.

In the morning, she took Cosmo straight to the vet for his shots and asked the vet if it was possible, and the vet shrugged, "Probably not, but better safe than sorry" and left it at that.

It didn't help her worrying, and by the time she returned home with the cat carrier, she was convinced that she would drop by his unit to ask if he was feeling anything.

She may hate him, but she didn't want him to die (more importantly, have her cat die), not with him being so important (at least to Nico and a dozen other girls who are probably in love with him or something. Yuck, by the way.)

So she was relieved to see him walking into the lobby with someone else. Probably one of them. The other guy was slightly familiar to her. He was taller, bulkier in his build, and impossible to ignore. She'd seen him around, mostly wearing a cap and a plain white shirt. He's usually quiet and walks around with his earbuds, minding his own business.

Next to his friend, Kota looked like the younger brother. The other one greeted Yasmin with a quick and polite nod as if it was a thing he does a lot with other residents.

Kota, on the other hand, sighed at the sight of her.

Sighed. Yasmin pressed her lips together, determined to keep herself from saying anything.

"Hello," the other guy started, and she noticed how Kota's head shot up to glare at him.

"Hi." She just said it because he was nicer to her.

Kota scowled at her as if her interaction with his friend was forbidden.

"You're alive," she managed to say, willing herself to be petty.

"You seem disappointed," Kota answered almost too quickly as if he was waiting for her to say something too.

An awkward silence passed between them before his friend spoke.

"Oh, you're the cat's owner." He pointed to the cat carrier. He peeked inside it, and Yasmin willingly raised it to show her cat to him.

"This is Cosmo," she said. Yasmin was not the friendliest person, but she does turn into one when people show interest in her pets. They were her pride and joy, and she could appreciate people who think the same.

"Hello Cosmo," he wiggled his hand on the carrier. "I'm Sam."

He did a cute little bow. She noticed that his eyes crinkled as he smiled.

Right, Sam. She did hear Nico talk about him and his...

Yasmin's eyes traveled from his chest to his stomach before looking away, cursing Nico silently. She did not need to learn this much about people she hadn't met yet.

When she looked away, she caught Kota looking at her with another scowl, judgment evident in his eyes.

Yasmin cleared her throat, and Sam looked from her to his friend.

"My vet says you should be ok as long your vaccine is still valid." She said.

"See, you're not dying," Sam nudged him with his elbow.