𝟷.

𝙾𝙼𝙽𝙸𝚂𝙲𝙸𝙴𝙽𝚃
𝟹𝚁𝙳 𝙿𝙴𝚁𝚂𝙾𝙽

| 𝐄𝐚𝐬𝐭𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐂𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐠𝐨, 𝐈𝐋 | 𝟹:𝟶𝟶𝙿𝙼

𝟹:𝟶𝟶𝙿𝙼

𝙳𝙴𝙲𝙴𝙼𝙱𝙴𝚁 𝟹𝟷𝚂𝚃

✿✿

Looking at herself in the mirror, at her afternoon attire. She wasn't satisfied, at all. Lauren was 3 months postpartum, after having her daughter Symonè. Sighing frustrated, she begins to remove her clothes to wear pajamas again.
Putting on her pajama pants, she hears Symonè crying in the distance.

Now leaving her room, walking down the hallway to Symonè's nursery. Entering it, she peaks over to see her wide awake and crying. "It's okay, it's okay." She reaches in and picks her up, resting her head on her chest while rocking back and forth.
While doing so, she hears the front door open as voice filled the room. Rolling her eyes, she walks over to the diaper change station to change her diaper.

"Ma! Mommy!" Lauren hears her son call out for her, she was silent. More focused on changing Symonè, once finished she holds her close before leaving the room.

Now in her bedroom, she sees her son Haze and husband Peace sitting at the edge of her bed. "Outside clothes off, go wash up." She tells him, Haze does as told before leaving the room.

"You good?" Peace asks her, as he stands up to approach her. "Fine, I'm fine."

"Are you coming with me, to Imani's New Year's party tonight?" Lauren had no plans on leaving, she's been home since having the baby. Truly not wanting to leave.
She only leaves sometimes with Peace, but mainly stays home.

Since tonight is New Year's, her sister throws a party every year. She obviously doesn't want to go, but is gonna get dragged to it regardless. "No."

"My mom said she'll watch the kids, for us. C'mon, you never leave the house anymore." She frowns before looking down, at a sleeping Symonè in her arms. "Ughh, fine. What time?"

"9pm, gotta drop the kids off early so we can pregame." She nods her head as he plants a kiss, on her cheek. "I love you."
"I love you." Peace gently takes Symonè out her arms, before leaving the room.

✿✿

After showering, doing her hair and makeup now she's getting dressed again. Hating it all over again, a dark cloud forms over her. DEPRESSION.

The feeling of wanting to cry and shut down, crossed her mind a thousand times. The thin material of the dress, hugging her body awkwardly making her uncomfortable. "Fuck it!" She takes the dress off completely, and tosses it aside.