6

Six || Return to King's Landing

Morganna had taken to lighter dresses the further south she got, thankful for the warm weather. Robb found her new attire to be rather pleasing to the eye, as more of her perfect ivory skin was shown as the weather warmed. Greywind seemed to enjoy the warmth as well, letting his tongue fall out of his mouth as he trotted behind Robb's horse.

The closer to the capital they got, the more excited Morganna became. She was excited to roam the halls of the keep once more, and even more excited to share her home with Robb. She was uncertain he would like her home at first, but she was hopeful that she could change his mind.

Her father was... lackadaisical at best when it came to caring for their country, but Morganna wished to change the way he handled his subjects. She knew the poorest in her city could hardly afford to put food on the table for their families, and Morganna wished to provide them enough money to live comfortably.

But, her father had placed the crown under massive debt by not knowing how to rule. Morganna had a plan to get them out of their debt, but she wasn't in the position to offer her own suggestions quite yet. She knew she could speak with Ned Stark about her plans, but she also knew that her plan wasn't one Cersei would approve of.

As Morganna entered the familiar gates of the Red Keep, she couldn't help but smile at her husband. The stable boys rushed to take the reins of the riding party's horses, smiling up at their newly wedded princess. Morganna waited for her father to dismount from his horse before following suit, grinning widely as her boots hit the familiar stone of her home.

Robb trailed after his wife with a smile of his own, happy to see Morganna in her own home. Dressed in a Lannister red gown lined with Baratheon gold, Morganna was a sight to behold according to her husband. Her father reached over and placed the tiara he had made for her on her head, laughing heartily as his daughter perked up.

Morganna led her husband through the grand courtyard, eager to get inside the castle once again. Once Addam was behind Morganna, she grabbed onto Robb's arm and led him into the castle. She did her best to show him how to get around the castle, but eventually her excitement of being home hit her and she tugged her husband into the kitchens.

The women working in the kitchens were expecting the princess to end up in the kitchens when she arrived home, and they had been working all day making Morganna's favorite treats. When the dark haired girl entered the kitchens, the kitchen staff had already set aside a few dishes full of treats.

"Ah, thank you." Morganna grinned, dropping Robb's arm and approaching the table in the kitchens. She reached out and grabbed her favorite treat- a raspberry tart- from the silver platter. She bit into the tart, smiling happily at the sweet flavor. "These are lovely. Robb, try some."

Robb smiled down at his wife and picked up a lemon cake, knowing they were Sansa's favorite. The cake was sweet and tart, and the flavors were seemingly brighter in the south than they had been in Winterfell.

"They are lovely." Robb agreed.

"Thank you, my lord, my Princess." One of the kitchen staff bowed gratefully. "Shall I send some to your chambers, Princess?"

"Can you send some treats to the gardens?" Morganna asked instead. "I wish to show my new husband the ocean."

"Right away, your grace." He nodded, calling forward a few kitchen boys.

"Come with me." Morganna smiled so brightly at Robb that he couldn't find it in him to deny her. Morganna happily led her new husband to her favorite spot in the oceanside gardens of the castle, nodding and smiling at everyone they passed in the halls.