Chapter 8: Black and White

No One's Pov 

After Kanji ran off to find Blake, the rest of Team RWBY were still searching for Blake 

Ruby was shouting. "Blaaaake!"

Yang also was shouting out. "Blaaaake!"

Ruby  continued to scream. "Blaaaaaaaake! Where aaaare yoooouuuu!?"

"Blake!" Yang shouted.

Ruby then turns to Weiss. "Weiiiiss, you're not helping!" 

"Oh! You know what might be able to help? The police!" Wiess suggested.

Ruby was crossing her arms in irritation. "Ugh, Weiss..."

"It was just an idea!" Weiss retorted.

Ruby was walking down the sidewalk. "Yeah, a bad one."

Yang was following behind Ruby. "Weiss, I think we should hear her side of the story before we jump to any conclusions."

Weiss was following behind Yang. "I think that when we hear it, you'll all realize I was right!"

Penny was following behind Weiss. "And I think Weiss' hair looks wonderful today!"

Ruby then turns around suddenly with her team in surprise. "Aaaah! Penny! Where did you come from!?"

Penny cheerfully ignores the question. "Hey guys! What are you up to?"

"Uhh..." Ruby started to say, but Yang answered for her

"We're looking for our friend Blake and Kanji just storms off to find her by himself." Yang answered.

"Ooooh, you mean the Faunus girl and the one bound to Godzilla," Penny replied 

Ruby, Weiss, and Yang stare at Penny.

"Wait, how did you know that?" Ruby asked.

"Uhh, the cat ears?" Penny answered as she pointed to her head and then pointed at her back  then her neck. "And the dorsal plates on his back and tail  along with his gills ." 

Yang was laughing a little. "What cat ears? She wears a... booooowww..." 

The realization leaves them in silence as a tumbleweed blows through in the wind.

Ruby was whispering to Yang." She does like tuna a lot...

"Wait, who or what is Godzilla."  Weiss asked.

"Umm, nothing forget I said that, so where are they?" Penny asked.

"We don't know. She's been missing since Friday, and Kanji just went off on Weiss and went off." Ruby answered.

Penny was gasping."That's terrible! Then approached an uncomfortable Ruby. "Well, don't you worry, Ruby, my friend! I won't rest until we find your teammates!" 

Ruby was doing her best to continue smiling. "Uh, that's really nice of you, Penny, but we're okay! Really! Right, guys?"

She looks over at Penny to direct her question at Yang and Weiss, whose blinking outlines are all that's left of their sudden departure from the company of the strange girl. A tumbleweed blows past them again in the quiet.

"It sure is windy today!" Penny said.

Kanji's pov 

I was free-running from the rooftops. He stopped every few buildings to smell the air. After some more time searching, I got her sent, and after free-running for a bit, I saw Blake and the monkey Faunus from the docks. I moved slowly above them, eavesdropping on the conversation. He herd them converse about a plan they had.