The King's Choice

25. The King's Choice
.
.
.

"What!" Luna Tamara immediately jumped off her seat "Our father, the king did not inform us of this"

"Sit down Tamara" Sahara finally spoke in a calm manner, Sahara and Tamara did have a lot of similarities that they could even pass as twins, they were both blonde haired like Diana and had striking jaw features, they were both beautiful, lean and tall.

Tamara head immediately snapped in her direction at her sister's statement, she was definitely not expecting her sister to speak up, and at least against her.

"This has nothing to do with you, you have no son!" Luna Tamara spat as if to torture her if what she lacked.

A smile spread across Sahara face, surprising me, and maybe everyone else in the room. "You are mistaken" she said proudly

"W-what?" Tamara stuttered, my eyes widened in shock, so did Kaden, no one was definitely expecting that.

"I do have a son Tamara, he turns ten next month" Sahara declared in complete and full pride knocking the air out of Luna Tamara's lungs.

"How come?, I did not know about this?" Tamara was still perplexed

"You have not bothered to ask of me in ten years, though we share the same blood, we are like strangers" Sahara confirmed

Did you know about Sahara son?. I asked Kaden

No, I wasn't aware. Sahara has always loved to live a quiet life, I am quite shocked. He responded

"Not to worry sister, I do not wish for my son to rule" she added, I feel the calmness envelope Tamara body, she really do want her son to rule.

"Lady Tamara sit down, your ranting does not matter at this point" councilman Sanders said dryly, everyone was indeed fed up of her behavior, she was different from what I remember, she was once calm, sweet and understanding but now she was the complete opposite, how much had the world really changed since three years ago.

Luna Tamara shot Sanders a hard glare, but she said nothing again as she sat back down on her seat.

"I will continue now" Sanders breathes "This document I am about to read is legit, it has the king's signature and seal, and all the councilmen seated before you all are all witness, but just in case some of you do not believe our words, the meeting with the king was recorded and I have the tape present with me, so I will be glad to play it out for you to see" he concluded.

Another councilman tore open an envelope and passed it to Sanders, whom then unfolded the paper, I feel the air in the room thicken, Luna Tamara was almost clamoring in her seat, yet Kaden had no expression on his face, and neither could I sense any form of desperation or anticipation through our bond.

"I read the document as followed. I, Alpha King Darius, with much deliberation and consultation and in all confidence name Alpha Kaden, my beloved nephew as my successor, I know with him in the throne our nation will continue to grow stronger and our race would not die". Sanders read.

The hall was still silent as if they were comprehending the words that just spilled out of Bailey's mouth.

Kaden was going to become the king, Kaden was going to become the king, I could not wrap my head around it, it felt so unreal, I looked at Kaden, and he too appeared stunned.

"You are to become King" I whispered at Kaden, a smile spread across my face, he smiled back but I was definitely not expecting his response