New friends

Night had long but settled upon Shockwave's lab. All was quiet apart from the small footsteps that echoed throughout the halls heading toward the lab. Sunny had so much excitement that she couldn't hold it in for much longer. Tonight was the night that she got to meet the new Predacon. From what Soundwave had told her, he was around her age, so it would be easier for him to get along with her. Plus, she didn't really have anyone to talk to since everyone was so broody and angry all the time, so the new boy would probably be better company.

When she arrived at the lab, she found her dad waiting for her. Soundwave smiled down at Sunny, then ruffled her helm. A small giggle left her, then a question floated around her processor. "Dad, do you know what his name is?" to be honest, Sunny wouldn't have been shocked if he didn't have a name yet. If Shockwave had any say, it would be something horrible like Grimlock - not that Grimlock is a bad name or anything.

"I'm pretty sure his name is Dino. We can ask him when he wakes." weird. Sunny didn't think he would have any memories, but who knows? It wasn't long till Sunny and Soundwave heard 2 sets of footsteps. One sounded much more heavier and authoritative than the other. Before she knew it, Shockwave and Megatron had entered the lab. The latter having an unamused look.

"He's not here to make friends, Soundwave. He's a weapon, a beast." though her father surely had more experience with a grumpy Megatron, Sunny didn't, and it made her angry to hear him speak as if Dino wasn't anything but a pawn. Shockwave hadn't taken notice of the comment, instead going straight to Dino. He was slumped and leaning against a wall on the lab floor, helm bowed and optics closed.

Shockwave turned the power on to Dino's main frame, slowly Dino's optics started to flutter and blink a red glow, indicating that he was waking up. The room fell deafly quiet. Everyone's attention was on Dino. "When will the first tests begin?" Megatron had turned slightly to Shockwave, his attention still drawn to the newly woken Predacon.

"Tomorrow. I will only be testing him for his abilities and capabilities, I wouldn't want a repeat of what happened to Grimlock." Megatron had seemed to chew on this information for a while like he was debating it in his brain module. He finally nodded, seeming to agree with his loyal scientist.

Megatron approached the young Predacon, bending down to his level. The boy looked at him with questioning optics. "Welcome to the Decepticons, Dino. You will be one of the strongest fighters we have, I know it. So don't let me down." with hesitation and a bit of fear, Dino slowly nodded. With that, Megatrong got up with a smirk, then turned and left the lab, heading toward his quarters.

Deciding now was a good time as any, Sunny bounded up to the boy. "Hi there! I'm Sunny, nice to meet you. I'll show you around the base." she was smiling brightly at him, her excitement was very evident in her fast-talking and sunny personality. With a small smile in return, he rose to his pedes with help from Sunny. Before either of the 2 sparklings left, they looked at Soundwave (not so much Shockwave) for permission to explore the base. Soundwave nodded and waved the 2 off.

Sunlight shone brightly in the med bay, it illuminated the room and made it warmer than its usual dark demeanor. Sat on a medical table were Jazz and Prowl, small scrapes on them from an 'accident' that had occurred earlier that morning. "You two should know better. Next time don't call Bee a lazy shot if you want to keep your servos." said an exasperated voice. The owner of this voice sighed before giving the all-clear to them. Ratchet shook his helm as Jazz nudged Prowl while walking out, stating that it was all his fault. Bee, who had been standing nearby with an annoyed expression soon followed them outside into the open, then went to the left to meet up with Ashfall. The pair trekked across the base making small talk about what training they had done in the morning or the latest gossip. It didn't last long before Optimus had called them over.

"Ashfall and Bee, I want you both on patrol tomorrow morning. You will head to the edge of our territory in the east and meet with Sunny." he paused, choosing his next words carefully, " Sunny was the daughter of one of the Decepticons that joined us. From what I have gathered, she wants to join and be like her mother." the two sparklings nodded. Both of them had heard of the Con turned good and knew she had sacrificed herself which cost her dearly. So they merely wanted to help her sparkling in thanks for her sacrifice.

The next morning had come quickly, with Bumblebee already up at the crack of dawn, just before the sun crawled it's way up the sky. Knowing that Ashfall wouldn't be up, he made his way to her room. Without bothering to knock, he entered her room, it was messy with daggers and knives strewn across the floor. As Bee got closer to the sleeping form, he noticed that the floor daggers weren't the only daggers. Ashfall was sleeping with a dagger held firmly in her servos. Carefully, Bee shook Ashfall's shoulders. With a grumble, she woke quickly and followed the scout out of her room to the kitchen - which was located in the main hanger. They both had an energon cube that was the equivalent of a human granola bar. Once they were satisfied that they should be able to last till they returned they made their way outside. When they got far enough they transformed into their vehicle modes. "Race ya to the fallen tree, whoever wins gets to be called the fastest among the Bots," Ashfall said, revering her engine, her silver, and blue paint reflecting some of the moonlight that was slowly fading behind the horizon.

"Your on!" with a smirk, they both counted from 3 to 1 before racing off.

Sunny ran past every Decepticon that was in the hallways of their base, muttering apologies that she didn't really mean. She skidded into Shockwave's lab and rushed to Dino. With some poking, Dino opened his optics, blinking sluggishly from the early start. "Come one, let's gooo!" she practically begged, "I want to show you the forest before Shockwave gets back."

"Ok ok, I'm coming" he replied while trying to stifle a yawn.

"Don't forget your weapons, we're not allowed to leave base without them" nodding his understanding, he grabbed a sword and blaster that had been given to him last night. Dino transformed into beast mode, turning into a brown raptor with sharp claws, sharp teeth, and a tail with spikes on the top layer. Sunny climbed onto his back, Dino's tail coming up to wrap around her midsection to keep her from falling. "To the fallen tree!" she called, earning them both to giggle as Dino ran out.

Once outside, Dino leaped into the tall trees to keep them hidden from any patrols. After getting lost a few times, they made it to the fallen tree. It was a large redwood that had fallen over from a bad storm. Dino leaped down from a pine tree he was in and onto the fallen tree. Hopping off, Sunny sat down, Dino transformed back and sat beside her, his tail flicking up and down every so often. The sun had just started to rise when 2 sports cars came racing toward them before stopping and transforming into their alt modes. "You must be Bumblebee and Ashfall, I'm Sunny! OH, and this is Dino, he's new so I wanted to show him around, I hope that's ok?" Bee nodded along, smiling. Ashfall on the other hand looked dazed, she did not understand any of that fast talk. "Anyway, I was hoping, maybe, I could join? The Autobots I mean, join the Autobots."

"You're free to join whenever you please. The same goes for Dino, I noticed his half Predacon half Decpitacon insignia, it's very odd to have half symbols, but I see no harm in him joining with you." Bee had kindly said, keeping his tone calm and warm to show that he was not a threat as he had noticed Dino brandishing a sword. Sunny beamed and then started talking with Ashfall, that was until a ground bridge opened and all 4 bots got sucked into it.