chapter 38: just us

Hers~> 6 days married

"So you're gonna sleep here for tonight?" Hala asks, while she does Saimah's makeup.

Even though it had just been a night the two had became friends very quickly but that was no surprise since Hala was basically everyone's friend.

She got along with everyone she met and nobody I knew had one bad thing to say about her.

"Yep..." I reply, scrolling on my phone through instagram.

"Tell us." Neha nudges me and they all turn their attention towards me.

"Come on, Affa." Saimah says, taking the phone from my hands.

"Ugh fine." I reply, sighing.

"Did you guys have a fight?" Hala asks.

"Nah I think he just needed space. He wasn't really in the right mindset tonight so...yeah." I say.

"But are you okay?" Neha asks.

Am I okay? I asked myself mentally.

"Yeah I guess." I reply, reluctantly.

Everyone looks unconvinced and I look around the room, awkwardly.

"Okay, I'm gonna tell you something really important now so I want your attention to be one me alright?" Neha says.

I nod in agreement and she starts, "When I was together with Zayan it almost felt too good to be true at the start and it was but communication was always necessary. Don't get me wrong I know you guys are literally obsessed with each other but it doesn't mean that you guys can't have time for yourselves. To get through to each other and be there for each other your guy's mental health needs to be addressed."

Huh, I never really thought of it like that.

"So what you're saying is that for us to be both 100% with one another we need to prioritise our own selves to allow each other to grow?" I reply.

"Exactly that." She agrees, nodding with a smile.

"What a wise person you are, Neha." Hala says with a smile.

I nod in agreement and a few hours later Saimah, Hala and myself fall asleep after praying Isha.

The next morning, we woke up late since everyone let us sleep in due to what happened the last night.

I later got up and got changed into a simple kameez and blue scarf.

"Do you wanna help me and Sasi make some biriyani?" Amannah asks with Hala

"Umm sure." I reply, following them to the kitchen.

Just as I was entering the kitchen Khalil walks out with a bottle of water.

"Asalamulaikum." He says quietly, pausing at the door.

I can't rewrite our fate On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara