𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐄𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

{CHAPTER 0.8}
OLD WOUNDS

And every time you hurt me, the less that I cry, and every time you leave me, the quicker these tears dry

And every time you walkout the less I love you.
-s.s

🝮

I FELT MY BODY, tightening my heart racing out of my chest. I placed my hand over my heart hoping it slowed soon. I felt like I couldn't breathe, seeing my mother in front of me then Bradley, the two people who abandoned me hurting me the most. Suddenly feeling that pain and feeling of abandonment all over again. Fallon Brad's lips read yet my ears heard nothing, nothing at all. All I could hear was my heart pounding out of my chest like the beat of a constant drum. The room soon started to spin, my vision started to go black, I felt my body give out as the desperate need to close my eyes finally took over. Saying you can rest now.

I soon came too. My eyes fluttering open, seeing a white ceiling with black specks in it. I looked down at my body as my eyes wandered, "Kiddo." I heard a voice whisper. My eyes came to put a face to the voice. It was my dad, his eyes were watery and filled with anxious worry. Seeing him like this made me break down tears instantly running down my cheeks like an overflowing stream. He brushed my hair back telling me it was okay, I was okay. Breathe He told me holding my hand, In and out my littlest Falcon. "I–I couldn't take it..it–it was too much." I whimpered out. "I know kiddo, I know."

After Bradley left I took it hard then my mom left, I started having really bad anxiety thinking I wasn't good enough for anyone to stay. I wasn't worth sticking around for, worth a goodbye. The panic attacks gave me motivation to fly, up there its just me. Nothing else matters, not who's gonna stay or who's gonna leave. just me. They say suffering is a terrible fire; that either purifies or destroys. I let it purefire me. I found contempt in the ones leaving and   focused on the ones who showed me I was worth it. At some point you learn to dance in the flames and then it wont burn. "My sweetgirl." My mother expressed rushing to my bedside. "Charlie...she needs–my dad started " –no dad it's okay."

"I'm so sorry baby..fo–forever thing" she cried, grabbing my hand in hers. "You know mom, that morning STILL haunts me from time to time. No matter how many times I try to push it out of my goddamn head; the thoughts, the sounds, the smell of the house as I walked into you and dads room seeing all your stuff gone everything is still alive. It eats away at me. You left me something that day; the wonder of who's going to get up and walk away next." My dad shed tears as the words escaped my mouth, knowing the gravity of each word. My mother was frozen hearing the truth, the pain, the burden she left me with. "Where's Bradley?" Were my next words. "He's on deck." My dad told me, "They were called in,I told him to go. "

"Good." I responded, that where he needed to be, that where my father needed to be. "Go."I blurted out. "What? fall–Go dad for me and Uncle Ice. You can get them ready."I encouraged him with a bright toothy Michaell smile. He leaned in, kissing my forehead saying I love you as he walked out the room. "Fallon." My mother spoke again, "I know I missed so much these past seven years, time I can't get back but I can promise you I'm going to live the rest of my life trying to be your mother again, the mother you needed and deserve. Baby girl, I didn't leave because of you. I love you more than anything in this world. I could be the mother you deserved back then but I'm here now. " Now? What about those seven years you weren't here–you "weren't my mother. Is what I wanted to say but everything in me just wanted her back. I wanted my mom back. But did she deserve me?

I was kept overnight for observations being released the next morning deemed eligible to fly. I went home with my dad that night as he held me in his arms on the couch watching tonight's football game telling me about how hes been nominated to team leader and me co leader. There was soon a knock on the front door. He gently raised me up as he walked over to the front door, opening it seeing Rooster who stood before him. "She's on the couch." I heard my father speak softly as Bradley soon rushed in meeting me at the couch taking me into his arms. "You scared the hell out of me."He spoke as I laid on his chest feeling every word go across his lips. I'm sorry. I wanted to say but I said nothing. "I love you and I can't lose you fallon..not again. " He spoke, lifting me up gazing into my eyes with his. "No one compares to you. He continued, You are worth the moon and the stars, Mitchell." Bradley Bradaw was my greatest pain and is my greatest love. He makes me want to love like hearts don't break, with him it seems like they don't.

"I love you too brad. "I told him as he held me tighter as if he let me go that would be it. Brad was my person and I was his. The time i wasnt his he was still mine, like a hibernating love waiting to be rekindled. We laid there in each other's arms as if time was still and it would stay that way as long as we had each other. We were in our teenage bodies again, frozen in time.
Being with him was like being in the sky; nothing else mattered.

A/NThem>>>>>

A/N
Them>>>>>