Chapter 21 - Lable?

Vote and comment :()
A thousand is crazy... we hit seven hundred only days ago <3

- Mateos pov

My moms planning my wedding. I'm eighteen.

"Dios ayúdame." I mutter under my breath.

(God help me)

My mom rambles on and on about beautiful babies and what tie to wear at my wedding.

"Mamá." I snap to get her attention.

"What Mateo? Can't you see im busy?" My moms Spanish accent coming in thick.

"Planning my future? When's the last time you opened the bakery huh?" She pales and shrugs.

"Mom you need to be working. Stop distracting yourself with other things. I already told you I'm going to marry her so get off my back." I roll my eyes.

"Pon los ojos en blanco otra vez y te los arrancaré, pequeña sombra!" My mom snaps and points her finger at me.

(roll your eyes again and ill pluck them you little shadow!)

"That nickname is so dumb. You haven't called me that since I was five mamá." I tell her.

She used to call me little shadow because I would always follow after her.

"You love it Mi Chico!" My mom tries to convince me.

(My boy)

"No." I grumble and cross my arms at our dinner table.

"My little liar." She pinches my cheek and I swat her hand away.

"Ma, You can't tell Diana. We're not even a couple yet so you need to tone it down." I grumble unhappily.

"I can't tell my best friend that our kids are dating? Do you think I'll really stay quiet?" She argues.

"Well I'm hoping." I plead with her.

Zaya said she doesn't want to label us. I want nothing more than to tell any guy that walks up to us that I'm her boyfriend.

"Fine. You owe me." She wags her finger at me before leaving to her room.

I sigh and cross my arms. Feeling the urge to talk to Zaya, I grab my phone and call her.

She picks up right away.

"Hey Valdez." She answers.

"Can you come over? We need to talk." I tell her blandly.

I glance at my nails. I need to clip them.

"Sure." Her voice filled with nervousness.

She ends the call before I can tell her not to worry.

I sigh and get up. I hope she hasn't ate dinner yet.

I grab pasta and jar Alfredo sauce from my pantry. I drop the supplies on the counter and start to boil the water.

I sit in patience and wait for her to arrive.

The water starts to bubble as soon as the front door opens.

"Mateo?" She calls out.

"Kitchen!" I call back.

I dump the noodles in the pot and wait.

I smile at her widely when she walks in. Her cheeks are flushed from the cold and her jacket is wrapped around her tight.

I take a deep breath and motion for her to sit.

"What do you need to talk about?" She plays with her fingers