3.0

Bahrain, Thursday Evening

Lando

WHERTHER I NOTICED IT OR NOT I CAUGHT MYSELF watching Gwen Anderson all of the time. My mind was caught up in the fact that we were still rivals after 10 entire years. I hated her, but all of my reasons were stupid, because in the end, we raced against each other and we were rivals, just like I am with everybody else on track. 

She was just another trackside temptation that I wanted to punch in the face every time I saw.

 I was trying to win the championship, and the change of teammates was not helping, they kicked Daniel off of the team and replaced him with her, a snarky, little brat, that fought with me at any chance she got. But, I guess I can't complain, because that's what she thinks of me to. 

I was getting ready for a dinner with all the drivers, make it look like we all got along well, in the end it was just another big media stunt. The theme was black and white, we all had to draw papers from a hat to see what colour we would be wearing, I guess the point of the whole thing was so we could sit around the table and look like a chess board or some other shiz like that. 

I drew black, and I was never so happy in my life, I barely owned any white and I wasn't about to go buy something just for one stupid dinner. I got dressed into a pair of black jeans, and a black button up top, with some black Nike air force 1's. 

After I had gotten ready, it was 6:45pm, we were supposed to be there by 7:00pm, but I already knew that I would be late, because I still needed to take Instagram pictures and call an Uber. 

I rushed onto my balcony and took a quick picture to post before I ran to the door. I called an Uber to pick me up, and while I was waiting, I posted the Instagram picture. 

a/n: shoot, sorry guys re-reading this I realized that the location on the post says London, They are actually in Bahrain and I'm to lazy to fix it

The Uber finally arrived and I texted the F1 group chat that I would be a few minutes late because my Uber took forever to arrive. As I was in the car, I saw an Instagram post from Gwen. She looked hot. That was the only way to put it, yes, she did look cute, but her personality was so different, that the way she looked was nothing after you met her.

 That was the only way to put it, yes, she did look cute, but her personality was so different, that the way she looked was nothing after you met her

Gwen

I stepped out of the taxi and walked towards the restaurant, As I entered, I realized, that I was the only F1 driver there, of course, I was early. Then I looked at my watch, I wasn't early, everybody else was just late. I waited for about 10 minutes for more people to arrive, Lewis came first, then we waited about another 20, for the rest of the drivers to come. After we were all here, one of the waitresses led us to our table, name tags were placed at every spot.

I was placed beside Lando and Max. 

I rolled my eyes and groaned, I guess I wouldn't be doing any talking tonight. Lando hated me, I think? It was a complicated situation. And Max, growing up I always thought of him as my, "celebrity crush" but, It was always weird to call him that since he was only 2 years older than me, and I used to see him around the paddock all of the time. Now, we raced together in the same league, so he wasn't really considered a celebrity crush anymore, he was just a crush. But, how could you crush on someone that's your rival, your teams enemy, I raced against him, so I guess that makes him a coworker. 

Everyone ordered food, and started up conversations with the people beside them while I sat there quietly getting lost in my thoughts. "So, how's it like having milk boy as a teammate?" Max asked me, making me snap back to reality. 

"oh, uhm, horrible. He hates my guts, so we fight literally every time that we talk, and I literally don't get it. He's the only one that I fight with, I can talk to George, and Charles, You, basically everyone I've raced against and have a normal conversation." I told Max.

"So you haven't kissed him yet?" He asked with a smirk on his face. "What! No, why would you even think that?" I responded. 

"We all, kinda made bets on when you two would kiss. I mean, your the first female driver, it's bound to happen sometime." He said. "I would never kiss him, even if I had to kiss every driver here, he would be last on my list." I shot back. 

"who would be your first" Max asked quietly. I bit my lip and stared at him, My cheeks turned pink and I smiled. My hand slowly creeped towards his underneath the table, the second our hands touched, I felt butterflies in my stomach and our eyes met. When we were finally holding hands I quietly said "You." 

A smile formed on Max's lips, "you know that's not allowed, we can't date people from other teams, we have contracts that we signed" He said. "Yeah, I know, But I'm not dating you, I'm holding your hand, It's a one time thing.

We went back to a normal conversation, but our hands stayed connected.

Lando

I was having a conversation with Carlos, who was sitting on the left of me, When I heard Gwen laugh. She laughed because of something Max said. I don't know why, but this got on my nerves, Gwen and I raced against each other all of the time, we also raced against Max sometimes, and many of the other drivers, why was it always us that had to fight.

Then I noticed it. Underneath the table, they were holding hands. I couldn't stand it anymore, I had to get out of there. 

"I'm not feeling well, I think I'm going to head out." I said loudly, for everyone to hear. The drivers heads all turned towards me, I gave Gwen a death stare and walked out before I even got my food. 

"Well," Lewis said "Somethings up, who wants to go check on him?" 

"Not it!" Everyone practically screamed out of the blue, leaving me surprised. "Gwen, Guess it's you" Lewis laughed. I huffed and walked outside of the restaurant. Lando was standing outside of the restaurant staring at his phone.

"I know you probably hate to see me here, but, everyone called 'not it' to come check on you, so, yeah" I said quietly as I stood beside him. 

"Are you dating him?" He asked suddenly. "Who?" I reply, because I had never brought anyone to the paddock. 

"Max."

"Oh, uh, you saw." I said with a hint of embarrassment, because if he saw, that many other may have. "Can you just answer the dang question" He said with a frustrated tone in his voice.

"No. I'm not, and we can't, were on different teams, we have rules" I told him. "Would you though, Like if you were on the same team" He asked. "I don't know okay, I don't fricking know. Why do you care anyways?" I let out a frustrated sigh as we both sat down on the cold concreate. 

"Can I ask you a question?" He asked "Sure." 

"Why do you hate me?" 

a/n: sorry to leave you guys on a cliffhanger!! I'm really excited about this story, next update will probably be next month :(. I'm leaving to England for a summer vacation, so I hope everyone has a great week  :)

-late.night.reader.-