Bail

"Hello?" I ask, rushing to pick up my ringing phone

"Dex?" A voice I immediately recognise as Carters rings out from the other end. "Hey man how is she?" I sigh, straightening up from my slouched position.

"I'm in jail and I need bail money," He replies urgently, completely ignoring my question. The fact that he got arrested doesn't surprise me in the slightest, it would honestly be more concerning if he went to her house and didn't beat the shit out of Marco.

"I got you," I assure him, getting up and putting on my shoes. "I'll pick up Lucian," I tell him, knowing he'll pay for the bail without hesitation.

"Hurry," He pleads, the distress evident in his voice. "Do you want me to pick up Juliet?" I ask, assuming that he's so stressed because he's away from her.

He goes silent for a moment, the sounds of the busy police station being the only thing audible. "She was taken hospital," He replies, sounding the most upset I've ever heard him.

"What?" I blurt as I rush out of the building. "What happened?" I question, getting into my car. 

"She- there was- I just," He stutters out incoherently, not being able to gather his thoughts. "Alright man you can tell me when I get there," I tell him, sensing that talking about Juliet is going to push him over the edge.

"Give me twenty minutes," I say before hanging up and speeding down the road. 

I pull up on the side of a street where Lucian told me him and his girlfriend would be waiting, spotting them almost immediately.

"Hey," I sigh, looking at Lucien as he climbs into the front seat. "Harper," I greet, nodding at her. 

"Another drug charge?" Lucien questions whilst disinterestedly scrolling through his phone, probably bored of having to bail Carter out every time. 

"Assault probably," I shrug, heading towards the police station. "Assault?" He questions, this new development now catching his attention. 

"Hm," I hum. "Beat up his girl's dad," I reveal, filling them in on all the information they've missed since I last saw them.

"Carter has a girlfriend?" Harper exclaims excitedly, probably thinking she'd never see the day. "Really?" Lucien adds, equally as shocked. 

"Something like that," I mutter, not really being sure what they are. "Ever heard of Marco Kingston?" I hint, taking a drag from my cig.

"Yeah," Harper replies, the distaste evident in her voice. "His career is over now," She snorts, always having kept up with celebrity drama.

"That's her dad," I reveal, making a sharp turn. "No way," Harper murmurs, her mouth agape. "Carter's dating Juliet Kingston?" Lucien asks, completely baffled.

"Yeah and he wasn't happy after watching that talk show," I recall, pulling into the police station. "Understandable," Lucien nods, climbing out of the car.