Chapter 9

Baran walked out of his office and he saw Dilan walking around the house, so he decided to make her company. In some way he needed to find out if Dilan have any feelings from him.
"Dilan, what are you doing here"?
"Nothing special, just went out for some fresh air"
"I ... I need to tell you something" he said.
"Of course. What's the matter"? she asked
"Look..."
"Baran" someone called his name, and when Dilan  turned her head she saw a blond girl. "Who is she" Dilan asked herself and then she heard Baran "Serap, what are you doing here. What is this surprise"?
"Well as you said it's a surprise" she said and hugged him.
Dilan was shocked, who is she and why is she hugging him like that?
Then she stretched her hand and greeted Dilan "hello I'm Serap", "I'm Dilan" she said
"Dilan is my wife, and Serap is an old friend from the university. She lives in the US and she works with us at the foundation" said Baran.
"Nice to meet you, welcome" said Dilan.
They all went in and everybody was happy to see Serap, Dilan felt a bit jealous.
When they was about to have coffee, Dilan excused herself and went to her room "why it bothers me that she hugged him, that he's all smiles with her. It's not my problem" she was thinking.
Baran came in and asked if everything is Ok, she answered very cold that everything is ok but she's tired.

Dilan went downstairs to talk to Baran, he was about to say something before Serap arrived, she asked Kader where im he was and she told her he's in his office. When she approached the door, it was half open and she saw Baran and Serap laughing and talking, so she left again.

When the dinner was served Baran asked Kader about Dilan, but she answered that Dilan wasn't feeling very well and won't be joining for dinner. He the asked Kader to prepare a plate for her, he was going to go upstairs and make sure she eats something.
He knocked carefully and when she answered come in, he came with a plate full of food. "Kader abla told me you weren't feeling good, what's the matter? Is it the wound? I brought you some food, you need to eat but if you're not feeling ok maybe I should call the doctor" he said.
"I'm fine. My wound hurt a bit, but it is because I made a lot of moves today, there's no need for the doctor. Thank you for the food but I'm not hungry" she answered.
He felt that something is off with her, but didn't want to push her so he said "I'm not going anywhere before everything from this plate is eaten up"

She looked at him irritated, took the plate and finished the food "are you happy now? You can go back to your friend"
He was really surprised by her actions, what was this now? He took the plate and left.

Dilan sat there ne couldn't stop wondering if there was something between them in the past "why am I even wondering, it's not my problem, if there was something why do I care"

When Baran came back she was asleep, he sat on his bed and looked at her for a long while. "I need to find out if you feel something for me, because I do have feelings for you" he was thinking.

When Dilan woke up in the morning Baran was still asleep. "He sure had a long night catching up with Serap" she thought.
When she came to the kitchen, Kader notices something is off with Dilan, she asked her if she is ok, Dilan smiles and said she's fine.

During the breakfast, Dilan didn't said much, she was mostly listening to the others talking about old times with Serap, she felt jealous again but she couldn't understand why "If you'll excuse me, I have things to do" she said and left the table.
Baran was surprised and now he was sure that something wasn't right, but he knew he shouldn't push her, eventually she'll tell him.

Kerem came to Barans office and they were talking about some contract, Kerem asked Baran if he talked to Dilan, but he said that there wasn't a possibility but that he will "she is acting strange, and I don't know why" said Baran.
"How do you means strange"? Kerem asked him.
"I don't know really, but she's not the usual Dilan. Yesterday she didn't  want to eat with us, and during the breakfast she barely said a word"
"Well maybe it's time to talk to her and find out" said Kerem.
"Kerem, before you go don't forget about Serpas present, it should be something chic and her style" Baran reminded him.
Dilan was about to enter the room when she heard their conversation, she turned and walked upstairs "so a present for his friend, chic and special. But why do I care, he's free to do what he wants" she was taking to herself.

Baran came in and Dilan was furious "are you ok" he asked "I'm fine, don't worry about me, maybe you should take care about your guest, it's rude to leave her alone" she snapped at him.
"What? What are you talking about? Dilan are you really ok? You acting weird these days" he was surprised by her reaction.
"I'm fine. I'm going to bed. Good night" she said and tuned her back on him.
"What was all this about?" He was asking himself.

When Dilan woke up in the morning Baran was drawing something. "Good morning, what are you doing" she asked
"Good morning. Nothing special" he said and close the notebook.
Dilan was curious but when he didn't let her se she left her bed and went to dress up.
Baran called his office and told them he's sending a drawing and they must get to work with it as soon as possible. Dilan heard his conversation and couldn't help but get mad.

When she came to the kitchen Kader noticed she wasn't in mood "dilan, what's the matter? And don't tell me you're ok, because you're not. You've been strange for few days now"
"It's nothing, Kader abla. Can I ask you something" she asked
"sure! What's up"
"Serap. How long did they know each other? Was there something between them"
Kader smiled and said "I understand your issue now. Don't worry, they are old friends from the university. And Serap takes care of the foundations events. There's nothing more"
"I was just curious, I didn't ask for any special reason" Dilan said.
"I understand. It's normal to feel jealous of your husband" Kader replied.
"I'm not jealous, why should I be? There is no reason for such a thing" Dilan answered.
Someone rang the bell and Dilan went to open. It was a guy from Barans company "good day, this is for Baran bey, please be careful it's very special to him"
"Thank you. I will" she said and closed the door.
"It must be Seraps present, of course it's special to him" she was thinking.
When she was about to open it, Baran showed up and asked her what she was doing "this came for you" she said
"Thank you, I'll take care of it" he answered.

 When she was about to open it, Baran showed up and asked her what she was doing "this came for you" she said"Thank you, I'll take care of it" he answered