Fallin' For The Sun

As a son of Hades, Nico Di Angelo was used to being alone -  though all of that had changed after he met Will Solace; the golden-haired son of Apollo

As a son of Hades, Nico Di Angelo was used to being alone - though all of that had changed after he met Will Solace; the golden-haired son of Apollo.

During the war with Gaea, Nico had seen Will unleash death whistles, heal wounds with his hymns, and skillfully dismantle several of the onagers that had been aimed at Camp-Half-Blood.

In fact, his now-boyfriend had even been one of the few heroes who'd had the courage to rip the Roman Praetor Octavian a new one right before the demigods from either camp had gotten to watch the toga-wearing idiot fling himself gloriously into the sky.

Yeah, their first meeting hadn't exactly been cute - or intentional - but Nico didn't care so long as he was with Will.

Will Solace - or as he liked to call him, Captain Sunshine, was his, and he'd damn anyone to Hades who said otherwise.

It seemed fitting then that Nico now lay in a bed at Camp Half-Bloods infirmary, his boyfriend wrapping and unwrapping the dressings covering his burns.

They'd gotten to know each other more after he'd almost died during the battle, and Nico had found himself coming back to the infirmary ever since.

"I'm starting to think you're injuring yourself just so you can spend time with me, Death Boy." Will said with a smirk, arching one of his oh-so-perfect eyebrows at him.

"No, but it's cute that you think that," Nico said, stretching his arms till one of them wrapped around Will's shoulders. "Are you done mummy-wrapping me? Cuz' I know something else we could be doing..."

His arms and legs were covered in so much wrapping that he looked like one of the mummified guards that guarded the Fields of Asphodel.

"Almost," Will promised, tying a bandage around his free hand. "There. Maybe this'll teach you to not fight with people from the Ares cabin."

Nico growled, recalling the fight he'd gotten into with Pierce Hansen.

It had begun with an insult - one Nico didn't care to repeat - and had ended with Pierce getting swarmed by an army of skeleton warriors. Nico had held his ground quite well, though his aviator jacket had caught on fire from Hansen's electrified spear.

"That stupid Son of Ares got what he deserved, I promise you."

Will shrugged his shoulders, never one to argue with him. "Sure, Nico. I just think that maaaaybe fighting everyone who upsets you isn't the right answer?"

Nico wriggled his fingers a bit, feeling the nectar at last numbing the pain. "Sure is fun though."

"Do I even want to know what this fight was about?"

Nico got quiet for a moment. "It doesn't matter."

Will's cerulean eyes surveyed him. "You sure about that?"