EPILOUGE

5 Years Later

Ryan

I come home from work and find Rose in the kitchen, cooking.

She doesn't notice me when I walk in. I'm careful not to make a sound when I approach behind her.

I lean in to her ear as I say "hi, sweetheart."

She lets out a gasp before turning to face me. She puts her hands on her chest as her face relaxes "you scared me." I chuckle before leaning in and kissing her cheeks, she smiles. "Welcome home."

"Thank you." I say with a smile.

Rose turns and turns off the stove before turning back to me.

"Bree and Finn will come over around 7. Will you pick up the cake?" Rose asks

"Yes, don't worry."

Rose opens her mouth to say something but gets interrupted when we hear our son running downstairs, yelling "dad"

I walk out of the kitchen just when he reaches me, I pick him up in my arms earning a giggle from him.

"Hi there, buddy." I say before I kiss his cheeks "how are you?"

"I'm good. Mom made pancakes for my birthday breakfast." Jack grins.

We named our son after my brother and Rose's best friend. It was Rose's suggestion, I was in complete awe when she suggested it.

Rose found out she was pregnant after we moved in together again, turns out she was a couple weeks pregnant but because of everything going around, she didn't notice or cared to go to the doctor.

Jack has my brother's spirit somehow- I think it's Finn's spirit, I've always seen a part of Jack in Finn in a way how he's bright, caring and protective of Bree.

Finn and Jack easily became very close, Finn is great with kids- probably because he is a kid. So, kids feel comfortable around him.

"Did you bring my cake?" Jack asks, looking behind me as if I'm hiding it from it "where's the cake, dad?"

"Dad will bring the cake before the party starts, honey." Rose kisses Jack's cheeks "don't worry."

Jack pouts "I want to eat cake right now."

"You have to wait buddy."

Jack whines then rests his head on my shoulder. "That's boring."

I laugh.

"Alright, honey. Dad needs to go change." Rose says, patting Jack's back.

I put him down and turn to kiss Rose.

I pull away when Jack gasps "you're eating mom's lips!"

"What?"

Rose laughs.

"Don't eat my mom's lips!" Jack says as he stands in front of Rose, spreading his arms to protect her with a pout on his face.

"I'm not eating your mother's lips." I say

"You just did! I saw you!- I've seen it before but I chose to ignore it but not anymore!"

I look at Rose who's trying her best not to laugh "will you explain it to him?"

"Why should I? You're the one who did it." Rose says, confusing whether who's side she's on.

I sigh and look at Jack "I am not eating your mother's lips. I kiss her lips. Likes she kisses your cheeks."

Jack tilts his head, lowering his arms as confusion takes over his facial expression "but she doesn't do that to me." He turns to his mother "why don't you kiss my lips?"