Chapter 52

Aurora was awake in Caspian's arms in her bed, he had decided to stay the night and she could hear his heavy breathing.

She had tried to sleep but her mind was working overtime, she could not stay away from Caspian no matter what she did.

Aurora always softened up to him and could not stay mad at him for a while, moments like these were the ones she cherished the most when it was quiet and just him and her in their own little world that had no trouble or everyone against them.

She was not sure how she could deal with the whole sharing of Caspian, this was her first time being in a relationship and it was all confusing to her. At one moment she was in control of her emotions and the next she was not, and unwanted ones would bulb to the surface.

Aurora had tried to convince herself that she was okay with Caspian entertaining other women in his bed, but that made her not want to be around him as she knew he would be with another doing the same and coaxing them with the same words as he did with her.

Yet when he was holding her like this, she was at her happiest which made her all the more wary, her heart wanted him till the ends of the world.

She needed to take control and not let anyone take advantage of her. She had to stand up for herself and fight back.

The next morning Aurora woke up to Caspian gone, but there was a rose and a letter on the side of her bed, she smiled as she took the rose and bought it up to her nose, loving the scent.

She opened the letter: I will see you later my love.

How such small words could make her grin and her heart beat wildly. Days went by and they ran together, Elliot would come and see her a lot as he felt guilty about what happened to her, no matter how much she assured him that it was not his fault.

Caspian made sure to see her every day and he was extra attentive to her. He was really making it up to her.

She stretched and smiled when her body had healed, and all her bruises had gone. Her hair was more vibrant and her skin was softer.

Today would be a lovely day for a walk, she found herself by the servant's quarters and waving at her friends to come over.

They all sat outside,

"I am very hurt that you haven't seen us for such a long time Aurora." Said, Barbara.

"Nadia had me tortured and I had bruises all over. So I could not come and see you lot as I had to heal."

"That wench!" said Agnes.

"Again?" Evelyn added.

"She is a pure witch!" it was Lucy this time.

"I told Caspian about it and he summoned her and told her never to lay a hand on me again. So I am grateful for that."

"He should have given her a harsher punishment!" said Ella.

"I hope you made him grovel for your forgiveness as he let Nadia off so easily." Said Ida.
"Not really, I love him so much that it consumes me, I try so hard but I........"

Aurora stopped in her tracks, she didn't like exposing her deepest feelings about her relationship.

"You got it that bad?" Lucy replied.

"It should be like that? Isn't it?" said Barbara.

"I suppose, I can't even recognize myself anymore."

"It will be okay, you two will figure it out," Evelyn replied.

After talking to her friends she decided to go and meet up with Elliot. When she arrived at the stable and noticed her, he smiled very brightly.

"I see you are up and walking now."

"I am thankful to be walking still."

Elliot's smile faded and he was frowning, "I hope nothing like this will happen in the future."

"Trust me it won't, Caspian handled it and I am safe."

"I hope so, and if you need help you can call me."

"I don't ever want you to become in trouble Elliot, just for being a good friend to me."

"I don't care what happens to me Aurora, as long as I know that you are okay, I will do anything for you."

"I appreciate you so much Elliot, good people like you are hard to come and I am glad we crossed paths."

"I hope I meet you first and in different conditions in the next life."

"I hope so too Elliot. Maybe we will not be workers or peasants we would be actually well off. I always tell my friends that."

Elliot made an over-exaggerated face, "So there are other friends besides me?"

"Yes very much so."

"Who are they?"

Aurora told Elliot of all her close friends and he listened whilst he tendered to the horse, she made sure that there was some distance between them so that they would not be trouble caused as it seemed she was being watched and had the feeling that it was Nadia.

When the sun was starting to set she made her way back to her villa, and when she got there Caspian was also arriving.

"You look radiant." As Caspian took her hand and kissed it.

"Taking a walk under the sun does wonders for one."

He kissed her cheek, "I missed you so much."

"So did I, is everything going well?"

"I have to tell you about the upcoming dinner, with Nadia, you and my parents."

Aurora stiffened a bit, "Why the five of us only?"

"I want my parents to know how important you are to me and I told you that I would not hide anymore."

Aurora admired his persistence, but she was not sure if this was a great idea. Caspian placed his hand on her cheek as he looked at her, "If I'm there with you everything will be alright, it's time we took a stand."

Aurora nodded, she would have to be brave and stand up for her and Caspian's love. If he was willing to go to such lengths, she would be right next to him and holding his hand.

"Fine, I would love to."

Caspian kissed her on the lips, "You make me happy."

"So do you."

"Is that all you came for all this way? You could have sent someone." Aurora grinned as she teased him.

"You know I use any chance or excuse to come and see you."

"I can tell."

"How can I not, when the only part of the day I look forward to is coming to see you."

Aurora heard whispering and looked, it was the concubines and she knew they were probably talking about her.

She did not care what they would say this time, if they had a problem they should approach her now rather than cowering or throwing jabs at her.

"What are you thinking about Aurora?"

"Nothing."

Early access to chapters: www.patreon.com/taniashava