Queen Of Hearts

There once was a girl named Nelly Sanchez, she was born and raised in the boroughs of Queens, New York. On the others side of Queens, there Robert Romero, he was born in Brooklyn, New York. Some would say Robert had bad blood. He was a part of Brooklyn's Latin Kings. To be in Latin Kings, you had to gain your respect whether it made you the the bottom of the totem pole or the punching bag for the top. If you survived you were in forever; Unlike the rest, Robert was born into the system. He was raised into it and grew accustomed to it. If he wanted out he'd have to have the gun of a killer and the heart of a murderer.
To clear his head; he decided to go out with his boys and waste the night away at a house party in an abandoned loft on 53rd street. No Latin crew. No drama. He was looking good and felt like nothing could ruin the night.
"Yo, this party has to be lit." Robert tells Anthony has they get out of the taxi.
" No doubt. Cuidado though Rob. "Anthony warns his best friend as he looks at Robert while he is on his phone.
Robert brushes off what Anthony says by giving him a nod that means nothing . Robert was tired of being careful, constantly on guard with his dad and the gang. He was at his height with it all and this party was the best thing that could've happened. Flashing back to thl
While at the house party he was drinking a Corona and listening to reggaeton blast through the speakers. It was so loud you could feel the floor shake with good vibes and no worries. Dancing with a random girl and talking to one of his good friends Anthony Robert spots this whirl of beauty and suddenly his whole world changes.
As Nelly timidly struts into the room with her best friend . Confidence is at a high, they're both dressed to impress and ready to mingle the night away. She was feeling real good and all she wanted to do was dance and get lost into the liquor.
While she's dancing with her other friends and singing along with the songs. Nelly goes over to their other friends as Marisol goes to the bar area to grab two coronas for Nelly and her and catches Robert take a long glimpse at Nelly like she's the only one there. Getting an idea, Marisol comes up to her with a mischievous glance.
"Aye Nelly , looks like someone wants your attention." says Marisol, smirking with anticipation.
As they are looking at Robert, he glances at them and smiles Nelly before talking to his friend.
"Oh he's cute, Oh my god chica! Thats Robert! From that one party we went to on 62nd street! Doesn't he run tight with ya boyfriend? " she manages to say through the booming bass.
"OMG. Yes. Benny did tell me about him though! You guys should talk chikita!" She says excitedly, happy for her best friend.
Nelly realizes that her best friend was playing tricks so that she can just find happiness that is so small, it'll make a difference.
Nelly follows her best friends advice and makes her way through the crowd to Robert. When she can feel the butterflies flowing all around her stomach with nervous vibes and excitement. She yells through the blaring sound of "Cheese Eggs by Strypez."
"Hey you want to dance?" she asked smiling nervously.
"Yeah sure" he replies grinning.
As they walk to the dance floor, she moves her hips with beat of the song. Robert behind her following her every movement and their bodies in sync with one another. For the first time Robert felt like a normal guy falling for a girl instead of a guy always on edge, and for once Nelly actually felt like she could trust a guy. When she was little, she never could depend on her no good scum of a father. He was always drunk, with other women and was never home to support her and her mother. Looking back, Nelly never saw her madre fall in love again or smile the same; She had trust issues.
Dancing with Robert she felt alive and she felt that could she could have a good time with him and for the first time, she was okay with that.
As the party dies down, the crowd disperses, Marisol leaves with her boyfriend Benn
" So when is your birthday?" he asks.
"April 20th, what about you?"
"July 3rd" he smiles as he looks at her in her eyes.
"Haha cool" She giggles as she wanders around the block with him.
"Yeah, its coming up so maybe something will spark" He says smiling lightly as he holds Nelly hand.
"Aye cielo es el límite y todo es posible" blushes as she holds his hand.
"What does that mean buttercup?" he whispers into her ear as he stands close to her. Nelly catches her breath as she smells the sweet intoxication of his cologne.
"It means anything is possible, the skies the limit." she whispered back as she got onto her tippy toes a little to kiss his cheek. Robert smirked and moved his head kissing her as he held her waist pulling her closer to him.
Nelly felt the waves of connection as they kissed and it felt like a cliche move but she could care less that they were kissing in the middle of an empty road.
" You're so sexy baby" Robert says in between kisses as he holds her waist holding her up in his arms.
" Hah, you're not so bad yourself" she chuckles as she says in between kisses with her arms around his neck."
Hearing the booming sounds of the police sirens, looking up at the night sky as the moon illuminates their shadows as they kiss and it's as if all his worries went away. Rob couldn't comprehend as to why Nelly's lips felt so soft like a plump cloud. As they made out, they knew this night was gonna be a blur of passion and ecstasy.
Throughout the night, they had a couple of drinks, laughed the night away and just reminisced on their lives, what was between the lines. As they walked the the streets of the New York City, they held hands and were inseparable that night,
Robert told her everything about himself except for the fact that he was apart the Latin Kings. He couldn't tell her because knowing it would put her in the ring of fire. The way this night was going he didn't want to lose her. Lobos de Oro had always been at war ever since one of Latin King's people took out one of rivals people. in fear because knowing of Lobo de Oro, One of the kings could be shot sooner or later.
With everything that was happen in Rob's head, Nelly was the only outlet that he had to escape this bloodline that kept him from being real. The way she talked, laughed, and looked at him; it was beyond real and pure happiness. Even though they had known each other for a short period of time, Robert felt that it was love at first sight; he could love her for a lifetime... Nelly was okay with that. As they walked around by Nelly's house, Robert held her from behind feeling her body and she couldn't be anymore distracted especially when he trailed kisses down her neck and that was it.
"Ugh baby you're teasing me." Nelly slurred as she moaned and leaned back on him.
His cologne intensified the urge that Nelly had to rip his clothes off right there. Rob smirked and nibbled on her neck as they walked up the stairs to Nellys brownstone.
" Mmmm if you think this is teasing just wait till I get you out of your clothes baby." he whispered in her ear as he put his hand up her shirt and caressed her chest and stomach.
Their bodies were as close as possible but once they finally got into her house Nelly turned around and pushed him against the wall softly and their lips hungrily met as they touched each other's bodies and he squeezed her waist tightly. They tumbled into her room as Rob pushed the door closed and he picked her up by the back of her thighs and she moaned a little as they fell onto her bed.
Rob gripped her thigh as they kissed and from there on it was whirlpool of ripped clothes and moans... As they drowned out the outside noise of the city that never sleeps. They were revolved as one, while their song "Angels by Hucci" was playing and the bass vibrated Nelly's whole room. By the end of the night Nelly's screams echoed her room and they fell asleep in pure ecstasy.
The next morning everything was groggy, Robert woke up in a mysterious room that had a dim of light peeking through the cheetah print curtains. His head was pounding and once he saw the angel in his arms, his world lit up like the Macy's Christmas Day Parade. Nelly turned over cuddling into his arms as she smiles reminiscing on what occurred last night and she cuddled into his embrace and kissed his chest.
"You're so beautiful..." Robert whispers as he kisses Nelly's neck and holds her.
" I can't believe a guy like you is real." Nelly whispers and closes her eyes going back into what happened last night.
"Well believe it... I'm not going to leave you stranded or hurt you in any way... I want to take care of you Nel, I know that we just met but damn.... I'm catching feelings for you deep." Rob says as he looks into eyes confiding into her without letting the cat out of the bag that he belongs to a ruthless gang that could jeopardize everything.
Looking into Robert's eyes, Nelly saw everything he was saying but in a way was oblivious to it because she never thought anybody could feel for her the way he did. Her mom had always told her that she had something special deep inside of her..
Could Robert have brought that out of her?
Would she let it happen?
Biting her lip she realized that she had been looking at Robert for a few minutes, she smiled and held his hand.
" I know that we have a long way to go down the line, Rob I know that it's going to take time to actually get to know each other more. But I am catching feelings for you as well. I want you to feel like you can count on me, be open with me and never lie to me." Nelly says as she lays close to him looking in and beyond what is in his eyes. Robert was dazed at the women laying right beside him, hearing what she had to say and be completely wrong as to he thought she was going to say.
"Baby I can't wait for our relationship to flourish into something better and stronger than before. Its you and I against the world. You're beautiful... Smart... Independent... and my queen. "Rob says as he keeps kissing down her neck making his way down to her collarbone and breast.
"Mmmm. I love you too babe... Ugh you and I over anybody else. You make my insides go crazy, you've been holding it down and im glad that we're finally getting together.
A few weeks later, before their date Robert decided that it was time to let go of the truth. Knowing that now was the time Los Lobos was out to get someone, he needed to tell Nelly before it was too late. He decided to tell her on the way to the pizzeria and he was anxious and wondered how she would react. As they were walking, now was the time. This was it.
"Mi amor, I have something important to tell you but I want you to know I love you with all my heart and will never let anything hurt you." He said nervously.
"Okay I love you too mi amor what is it?" Nelly says curiously as she holds his hand and looks him into his eyes.
"Babe sometimes in life whether you like it or not you're either brought into this way of life or like me you're raised into it... Nelly I'm a part of Latin Kings" he hesitantly said.
When Nelly heard what he had to say, she thought about it for a few minutes. She didn't know what to think or do, was she supposed to angry? Could he be in danger? All of this made sense once she flashbacked to the day they were hanging out her house and he got a suspicious phone call. Fifteen minutes later he wasn't being himself, he was holding her tighter than usual and for the whole night after that it didn't feel right. Nelly never had a father to guide her through thick and thin, her madre was so busy with her jobs that Lori was felt so alone. Robert made her feel alive and he made that void of anger and neglect go away. Knowing that he was in a gang, knowing she'd be in his arms secure, she accepted it. As she kisses him she puts all that she's feeling into it.
"Rob I'm not mad at you, in fact I'm relieved you told me because you've been acting weird but now i see why, i trust you and i know you won't let anything happen to me. I just want you to be careful and know you can always trust me too." She says trying to calms him down. Robert felt relieved knowing that there was no elephant weighing down his shoulders. Until the worst comes when they go to the pizzeria...
When they entered the pizzeria, a few members of Lobo de Oro were and it was as if Rob stopped breathing.
"Hey Anthony... Who's this? Your Puta?" Nikolai says tauntingly as he walks up to him with Lobo de Oro behind him.
"Excuse me! Wanna say that again with your teeth kicked him pendejo?! Nelly yells oblivious to who this guy was.
As Nelly is yelling, Robert stopped her from swinging as Nikolai has this look in his eye hyped up from the disrespect Nelly was giving him. Robert was so angry and determined to get out of there. But it was too late, He caught eyes with Nikolai and he knew it was all over. While the mayhem was rising and the tension was thick, Nelly was petrified, and couldn't understand what was happening. She could feel Robert shake with anger and terror as he tried to get her out of there as soon as possible. When gunshots were fired, Nelly world went upside down and died over and over again. Her anger vanished, all that she cared about was that her best friend had been shot...
As she heard someone call 911, she was paralyzed with fear holding Robert in her arms trying to stop the bleeding and as the scumbags ran out they threw the gun into a dumpster.
She didn't care about the background noises. All she cared about was that the one guy who truly loved her was dying. She couldn't process it. As the paramedics finally arrived and moved everyone out all except Nelly they calmly told the carry him out onto the gurney and she froze.
"Lo siento mamita, Te quiero Para siempre y siempre", Rob said as his world was crashing down in front of him and they rushed him into the ambulance.
As Robert felt as if he was dying, he heard Nelly sob. He thought to himself "maybe I should've told her from the beginning. Would things have changed?"
Nelly was beyond furious and wanted this to all be a dream; "I love you mi amor, Forever and always! Don't go! Rob please!!" she cries out praying that he'll make it through.
As Nelly runs to her car, she races to the hospital running on adrenaline. She understood why he was in a gang and why he kept it from her; he was only trying to protect her and like he said he was born into it... The fact that her best friend was shot made her infuriated. As this dream was continuing, she heard police sirens, as she parks at the hospital and races out to the E.R. She didn't care about the constant chatter or whispers as to what happen. All she cared about was that her best friend, the one guy that made her feel like a princess, a queen and worth was in hospital and the scumbags would walk free and nothing would be the same anymore.