Losing

Taehyung's POV:

He led me up to his room. I texted my Eomma that I was staying over at his house on the way up.

When we walked in his room, I took in how 'Jungkook' it was.

There was football stuff everywhere, gaming stuff, banana milk cartons laying around. It was so... him. It smelled like him. I smiled as I looked around.

I looked around at everything while he sat quietly on the bed.

I turned to look at him and he had silent tears rolling down his face.

"Oh my baby, what's wrong?" I asked as I walked up to him and leaned down in front of him on the ground.

He sobbed a little.

"I-I'm sorry. S-She probably scared y-you with all that i-information. P-Please just forget it. I-I promise I was ok. I only talked about you a l-little." He sobbed, gripping onto my sweater sleeves.

I looked at him shocked.

"What are you talking about, love? I'm not scared or upset about anything she told me." I said as I gently cupped his face and wiped his tears.

"Relax, take a deep breath. Everything's fine, love." I said as I pecked all over his face.

He took a few deep breaths.

"Talk to me. Why are you so stressed tonight? Why would you think any of what she said would scare me away? I know you're obsessed with me, I don't mind how much you talk about me to your Eomma. It makes me happy that you think about me so much, love." I giggled to help him understand that I wasn't upset.

He nodded and sniffled.

"I-I don't really know where to start." He said.

"Okay, what's the biggest stressful thought in your head, start with that." I said as I sat up next to him on the bed. He scooted closer to me, pulling me so I was sitting in his lap over his crossed legs. My legs wrapping around his waist.

"I-I'm scared." He mumbled. His voice was so small and he did look like he was nervous or afraid.

I looked at his with worry, wiping some of his tears that continued to poor from his eyes.

"Scared? Scared of what, Koo?" I asked, trying to be gentle.

He looked up at me with his big doe eyes, full of unshed tears. His lip quivered.

"I-I don't k-know. I m-mean I know, b-but it's pathetic." He sobbed out, pursing his lips to stop him from crying.

"What do you mean? Nothing about how you feel could ever be pathetic. Never think that way." I said as I gently stroked his cheekbones.

He thought for a moment, looking back and forth between my eyes, hesitant to say his next words.

"I-I'm scared of l-losing you." He said in such a quiet voice that I almost didn't hear his words.

I was a little shocked.

"You won't lose me, Jungkook." I said before my mind could even comprehend.

He looked up at me.

"You've been stressed because you think you will lose me?" I asked softly.

He nodded, looking back down.

"I-I've never been good with people. I always screw up and whenever I get close to people, I do something that eventually scares them away. I-I've been trying so h-hard to be good for you. I r-really have. I just feel like eventually I'll screw up again. I can't l-live without you, T-Taehyung." He cried through his loud sobs.