Chapter 4: We meet again

8:00am
     Kate drove to a cafe, she was able to convince Felix not to follow her, he agreed but insisted on keeping an eye on her.
    She parked her car and got in, taking a table. She ordered coffee and cookies. Kate was munching on her cookies when she heard a commotion.
   "What do you mean, you can't deliver it. I came here because you guys serve the best coffee and cookies and you are telling me you can't make the delivery", the woman shouted annoyed disturbing the other customers, as the lady behind the counter shrank in fear.
    "Who could be making soo much noise in the morning ", Kate thought annoyed as she turned to look at the counter. It was Rose, wearing a red suit pant and jacket pairing it with pump heels.
     "Wasn't she meant to be at the office, what was she doing at the coffee shop alone this early", Kate thought as she stared at Rose then spotted someone with her.
     Apparently she wasn't, judging by the way the lady beside Rose dressed, she must be her secretary. What could they both be doing here.
     "Sorry ma'am, there is an issue with the delivery service, so it won't be available this morning ", the frightened lady stammered.
     "Then when will it", Rose demanded.
     "In the afternoon ".
     "Do you expect me to wait till in the afternoon ", Rose yelled annoyed. "I want the delivery this morning and now".
     "But ma'am......".
     "I want to see your manager now", Rose demanded.
    "No need for that", Kate said and cat walked her way towards them.
    "And who are you to decide that", Rose demanded, as she turned to look at the person who spoke, blood drained from her face seeing who it was.
    "You ......", Rose stammered surprised.
    "Yes, fancy meeting you here", Kate said in the same surprised tone, giving her a sweet smile.
     "Why are you making a ruckus, don't you know you are disturbing everyone here", Kate stated, and the other customers nodded in agreement.
     Rose turned red from embarrassment, "the nerve of this woman, she wished she could just strangle her", she thought.
     "The lady said that delivery isn't available for now and as also apologized for it. What more do you expect from her".
     The lady behind the counter was happy someone came to her rescue as she breathed out a sign of relief, never had she met a troublesome customer like the woman in her front before.
      "Since you are here why don't you deliver it yourself", Kate suggested.
      "Excuse me!".
      "Yes, why not. You've already taken the trouble coming here just to make a complaint, then it will be no trouble for you to just pick up your order", Kate explained.
     "That is their job......", Rose yelled.
     "It's your order right?", Kate interrupted.
     "It is but.....".
     "Simple so you'll just pick up your order since you are already here. Not only will you save the money for the delivery but also this lady here will be able to continue her job. It's a win-win for both sides", the other customers marvelled at Kate ideas.
      "That's a smart idea", a customer said, and the others nodded in agreement.
      Once again Rose turned red, she was humiliated yet again by the same woman. Was the world playing tricks on her.
     "How dare you, do you know who I am", Rose said enraged, the place went silent.
     "Am I suppose to know you", Kate said nonchalantly, adding fuel to the fire.
     "I am Rose Andino, future heiress of the Andino family", Rose said with pride, her chin raised high.
     "Oh, now I see where all the attitude is coming from,but you are still a future heiress not yet one, so I'll advice you mind the way you treat people, cause you never know one day it could be taken from you", Kate said in a menacing tone with a smile on her face.
     Rose stared at Kate in horror as her face turned pale, she shivered in fear.
     "Anyway, am Taylor Cosgrove, nothing else", Kate said with a neutral expression.
     The whole place turned silent, then the manager walked in with someone following behind. It was a woman and she looked like she was in her early 20s.
      "You called for me ma'am", the manager said, not knowing which of the women to refer to.
      "No need, the matter as been resolved", Kate assured the manager with a nod.
      The manager turned to Kate then Rose, she could sense the tense atmosphere between them, and could guess what must have happened.
      She turned to look at Kate with a smile, "thank you ma'am", she said truly grateful.
      Kate just nodded, "I'll advise you deal with the delivery service as soon as possible ".
      "It's already been dealt with ma'am, and am sorry for any inconvenience we might have caused you", the manager apologized sincerely.
      Kate just nodded with a brief smile and walked away.
      Rose stood dumbfound, she was the one who came to complain but it was Taylor who got the apology. And walked out of the cafe angrily not bothering to collect her order.
     "Ma'am your order", the lady behind the counter called out but Rose didn't look back.
      "I hate you Taylor Cosgrove", Rose said.